RCH Youtube Video Comments

Keep Comments Turned Off, Or Turn Them On?

• Keep Them Turned Off

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Turn Them Back On

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
Okay everyone, back in June I disabled the comments and ratings on the youtube videos that we put up for the forum. I did this as a test to see what kind of response I would get. Surprisingly, not many people have commented on it. I did make a mistake with the blade balance video and a subscriber did post up and let me know the mistake I had made on that video, and I immediately pulled the video and need to remake it.

My question to you all is, what do you think about having the comments disabled on the videos? Your opinion matters.

Another reason I pulled the comments is because I was getting KILLED with comments asking for help. If they can't post them on there, then they would have to come here, right? Well, that is a double edged sword. They will do one of two things, they will come here and ask which is great for RCH, or they will go to another forum/youtube channel and ask the question there.

Granted, I do answer EVERY one of my comments, or try to. I think I have missed 5 of them in all of the comments that have been posted. But answering all of these questions takes time, and time is what I"m finding hard to come by right now.

So as a member of this forum, what would you like to see? Would you like to see the comments stay just as they are, turned off? Or would you rather see them turned on?

I will say this now, if I turn them on, I will more than likely NOT be able to keep up with all of the questions that are asked on there. I'm already answering about 25 questions a day, and with more videos, comes more questions.

Let me know what you think. As I have always stated, what the members want as a majority is what we will do.

If you vote in the poll, let me know why you voted the way you did. PM me if you want to.

Karubah

I personally think that you should keep them turned off Tony. With a link to RC H it's not only you that has to answer any questions or comments, anyOne can chime in. Hope my 1 cents worth helps. Cheers A

Slobberdog

Have to agree Tony if they want to comment they need to be RCH and comment on the site, where you can answer

pvolcko

I'd allow people to maybe vote on the videos via youtube (can allow them to raise in popularity and search results on there, I think). But comments, meh. I like the forum. Youtube comments are very constricting.

Tony

Staff member
I have to say, this is not the response I thought I would get from this. But I'm glad to hear that you guys are thinking like I am. I estimate that if I can get more videos put up this summer and fall, that I will be getting around 50 questions a day just from youtube. Now that is not a lot when you look at some of the large channels, but for a single little guy like me trying to do it all by him self, it gets hard.

Keep voting. I will have another poll up soon once this one has enough votes that I know for a fact, the answers that you guys are going to give.

Microbus

I think you should keep them off. If they really need to comment they'll come here so that will make it easier on you and other people can comment, too.

Derek

Ya know...at first thought, I was thinking that I'd like to see the "comments" section turned on. However, after reading the opinions above, I have to agree with them. I did vote to have the comments turned on. If the comments are left the way they are, that (hopefully) would get more "active" members to sign up to the forums.

I've been a part of this site for a bit more than a year and I came here via Youtube. I found Tony's videos, as did many of us, and I was asking him questions through Youtube messages. He let me slide on a few of them but then he suggested that I come to the forum and check it out....well, the rest is history. I've been bugging quite a few members with questions and comments and even recently, I've found that I've been able to be "helpful" to some of our new incoming members. Some of those members found RCH via Youtube.

So....even though I originally voted to turn the Youtube comments on.....I'd like to vote for the opposite now. I came here via Youtube. I've seen many many many new members come here via Youtube. I'm sure more will come to RCH....via Youtube.

RMB677

I agree with the comment to include a link to RCH with the video. This may save you some work since there are other knowledgable individuals on the forum that can offer answers.

Tony

Staff member
I actually have a question when members sign up now on where they heard of RCH, and it's a required question. Most of the replies (I"m talking over 90%) are from youtube .The rest are from google searches, and there are a few from other forums where my videos have been linked. So yes, youtube is the best draw for RCH at this time.

Top Bottom