General RCH Trainer Landing Gear

Lanman

Can someone recommend a landing gear set for the RCH Trainer. I'll be using a 10" prop but I'm not sure what to use for the front landing gear that fits the Trainer best.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Dave.

Gerald

Well I just built my landing gear from a piece of aluminum I bought at lowes I don't remember the demensions but it was like 1/2" wide and about 1/8" thick. I just took the thickness of the fusealage as a starting point and made a couple bends and thats how I got landing gear. I used graphing paper to design the shape and used it as the template. You just hot glue a piece of wood to the bottom of the fuse to screw it to and that should do it. Do try and mount it at the leading edge of the wing, failure to do so will result in the plane trying to nose over every time you try to take off and when you land! Ask me how I learned that lesson! (With a whole crowd of people laughing at me!)

Hope that helps!

sarconastic

I used a Park landing gear, the same used on the Ares 370 I just bought I just found out. I made a slotted mounted and it worked ok, but would have been better with the embedded mount. Just make sure it is strong or you will rip it out on landing. 20131212_115306.jpgI use a wooden shim as a wedge on the inside to support and tighten it up. Then hot glued the shim in place.

Good Luck

Woody

20131212_115306.jpg

Derek

I just used some bent aluminum, too. I think mine was 1/16" thick and 1.5" wide. The overall length with just depend on your liking, and prop clearance.

Lanman

Excellent! Thanks guys. The pics definitely help. I have some 1/8" X 1/2" aluminum so I'll pick up some 2" wheels today. Very much appreciated.

crazy8p12

can anyone tell me where i can find a set of rubber wheels for a cessna 182 500 class 55.5 inch wing span. it's got the foam wheels on it but they don't last long. thanks

Tony

Staff member
What is the height of the wheels, what is the width you need and what is the spindle size?

crazy8p12

i don't know the sizes right now, im out of town, when i get home on the 3rd i will get the sizes and repost. thanks

Top Bottom