General RCH Trainer- It is finally done.

sarconastic

I finally finished it. It is ready to fly. Last step was the tail wheel. I am struggling with the decals for it though. I want to do a POW-MIA tribute on it. But their logo does not bode well for covering a plane. I am working on it and will post pics when I am done though.

any way here it is.

20131212_115251.jpg 20131212_115303.jpg20131212_115306.jpg

Next up the maiden flight. Fingers crossed!

Woody

20131212_115251.jpg

20131212_115303.jpg

20131212_115306.jpg

Derek

That looks great, Woody! Well done!

I have a suggestion for your decals. This is the way that I do decals, from time to time. Simply do a Google search for your desired image. In your case, POW-MIA. Find the image that you like, save it to your computer. Use "Paint" on your computer to resize the image to the size that you think will fit on your plane and then save the file as the resized image. Print out the image and use clear packing tape to stick the new decal to the plane. If you use a credit card or gift card to smooth out the tape, the tape will almost disappear completely.

It's just an option but it does work. Good luck with your maiden flight!!!

Gerald

Looks great! I agree with Derek on your decals and thats the way I did my RCH trainer, I have pictures posted on the forum, and all the decals were done with printed pictures and clear tape. Gives you an unlimited supply of decorations.:eagerness:
FYI My trainer has been up 2 times and down for over a month with a bent motor shaft, I am a newbee at flying and well the trainer paid for it!

sarconastic

Derek and Gerald thanks for the Kudos on the plane. As for the decals, I run a Graphics design shop as a side job. I have all the equipment to make and print just about any sign or decal i want to. I have even put the real tail numbers on a couple of personal full size aircraft as part of the business. So I wasn't concerned with how to make the decals so much as the design to make it look nice. The problem with the POW-MIA Logo is that all the parts have to be there to make it a recognized image. The words the silhouette the tower etc. I need to figured how to incorporate all the elements of the logo without just sticking miniature versions onto the plane. I want it to be a tribute not just a display, if that makes sense.

I am taking it as a challenge to make it look great, which I like. I just have to figure it outin my head first.

THanks

WOody

- - - Updated - - -

Derek and Gerald thanks for the Kudos on the plane. As for the decals, I run a Graphics design shop as a side job. I have all the equipment to make and print just about any sign or decal i want to. I have even put the real tail numbers on a couple of personal full size aircraft as part of the business. So I wasn't concerned with how to make the decals so much as the design to make it look nice. The problem with the POW-MIA Logo is that all the parts have to be there to make it a recognized image. The words the silhouette the tower etc. I need to figured how to incorporate all the elements of the logo without just sticking miniature versions onto the plane. I want it to be a tribute not just a display, if that makes sense.

I am taking it as a challenge to make it look great, which I like. I just have to figure it outin my head first.

THanks

WOody

Tony

Staff member
On the RCH Trainer that was in teh videos, I did a POW-MIA on the rudder. Talk about a pain to weed everything and get it to cut right, but I got it and it's on there.

Tony

Staff member
I think this is the only picture I have of it. Will try to get more soon when I start moving into my new house.

20130522_210111.jpg

20130522_210111.jpg

Top Bottom