RCH Rules Reminder

Tony

Staff member
Members of Rc-Help.com. I have always tried to be that "fun" and "lenient" owner and administrator here on RCH, but it seems that some have started to take advantage of this. i do not want to be the hard add admin like they have on other forums, but I have to enforce the rules that we have here on the forum. They are there for a reason.

The one HUGE issue that I have had in the past couple of weeks is "Free Advertising" or "Advertising for Profit". Both of which are NOT ALLOWED on this forum. It has taken me thousands of hours and thousands of dollars to get this forum to where it is today. I can't allow people to do free advertising on here that profits themselves or their youtube channel or business. This includes promoting a company because they sent you something for free. This also includes members that are trying to promote their YouTube channel that is just like Rc-Help.com's.

I hate that it has come down to this, but I can only be walked on so many times before I have to say "enough is enough!"... In the past 3 weeks, 4 users have been banned for repeatedly abusing the rules just on the advertising. Please, if you want to advertise here on the forum, and are adamant about it, I will set something up for persons and businesses to advertise here on Rc-Help.com.

If you ask, the worst I can say is no. But I'm sure we can work something out. But I need everyone to ask if they can advertise instead of just doing it. In this matter, it is not better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. Doing so is a sure way to be banned from the forum. I really hate that it has gotten to this point, but as stated, I can only be walked on so much before I explode.

I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from.

Stambo

Fair enough Tony.

Does this include links to companies that we buy stuff off to build our aircraft,
eg "I used this motor and this speed controller from company X and I know they will work."

I do this regularly so I hope I'm not breaking the rules too.

Tony

Staff member
I encourage people to post links to companies that are great with products and customer service. As long as you are not gaining from said links with free items from the company or being paid to do so. There is absolutely nothing wrong with promoting a company that you have PURCHASED something from. Of course, like alcohol, everything in moderation. There is a limit where I can see that people are trying to gain sponsorship from companies. There is some of that happening now, and you can bet, I'm watching said members very close.

RC MAN

I hear ya Tony, The name of the forum is called RCHELP and not RCMAKEABUCK, I myself run a small rc shop here in Germany, I like it here very much, I offer help where ever I can, If I think it will help someone else, If I'm not positive about what I'm saying , than I dont answer at all.
We are here to help others and each other here, Thats why Id rather post in here than in another (heli) forum,

KEEP UP the GOOD WORK here, it will payoff in the end.
Frank

Top Bottom