RCH F-117 Plans!

Tony

Staff member
That's right, we have come out with a new set of plans for the forum. This plane has been done a thousand different ways, and I thought I would put my little spin on it.

What I did was looked at some drawings of the plane (3 angle drawings) and just used those to trace out the outline of the plane. This plane is VERY simple in design and only has 4 pieces. The wing, fuse, and two rudders. That's it.

When I created these plans, I wanted to do so with the thought of getting the whole plane cut out of a single sheet of foamboard, and that is exactly what I have done. The wing span is exactly 20" and it's 27.11" long from nose, to the tips of the elevons.

Yes, this plane runs elevons normally, but I have put lines on the elevator/rudder so that you can install a V tail on the plane. You cna use this with or without mixing the ailerons.

As I stated, this plane needs a lot of testing to be complete. I'm hoping that I can get some time to stick an EDF into it and try it out soon.

A 64mm EDF should fit in the plane. I'm not sure if it will or not since I have not built it yet. Cog will be close, but it's no where near exact that I have marked on the plans.

If you download the plans, let me know what you think. I have put overlaps in the plans and there are very thin lines where you will cut the paper and tape it together. Again, I have not tested if this will work.

Hope you enjoy the plans. I know I will once I figure everything out. Now, I just need to get some black foamboard hehe.

Tony

Staff member
I have updated the F-117 plans to include holes to lock the fuse and tail pieces into place. should help to make the assembly easier to put together and get it straight. I am working on a 30" wing version, but not sure if I will upload it. If you would like to see a 30" wing (40" long) then I will upload it, but I want to see some video of it in the air!!! hehe.

Go download the plans and give them a shot. Make sure to remember the CoG is not perfect and you may have to move the motor and battery forward. The motor so that you have enough space to mount it, and the battery to adjust the CoG. If I can get some time this weekend, I will put mine in the air. I have cut it out, just need to glue it together and install the electronics.

Top Bottom