RCH Edge 540 Profile Plane

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I'm happy to announce that Rc-Help.com has a brand new plane.

This is the 30" Edge 540 Profile plane. It's still in the beta stages, but I need to get it out there to get some info on what you guys think about it. Download it and take a look, build it and let me know what you think about it!

Please post suggestions that you think will make the plane better.

You can access the store and download the plans by Clicking HERE

Derek

I'm at work right now, so I can't look at the plans, but do you have a suggested motor/esc/battery combo for this plane?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's on page 2 of the plans. At least, it's what I plan on testing the plane with. Great all around motor and works great in my 40" Extra and Edge, so I think it will be more than enough for a 30" foamie lol. I'm really thinking about running a 2s on this, so the larger motor should help a bit.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and it's the Exceed 2215-1300 motor from hobbypartz with a 30a esc. This also has the updated wing and notches for the airfoil in the fuse. Hence the 2.0 since there is a pretty big design change.

Tony

Staff member
I have just added this to the RCH Store for everyone to download. No picture yet, but I will get one when I get mine built lmao.

Derek

This is spectacular! I know that I said, before now, that I wasn't gonna build this plane because I have a fleet of planes that are waiting on electronics. I dunno...the more that I think about it...I may just go ahead and build it anyway, lol.

heli-maniac

maybe ill build one i happen to have a Optima 450 Exceed motor thats 2220 -1050 kv if that would work i know i have a esc and plenty of cheep servos i can put on it

Tony

Staff member
It may be just a bit heavy, but should work fine as long as you cna get the CoG set. Speaking of that, I have not set the CoG on the plans yet. But, 1/3rd chord is a good place to start.

llommel

Tony, I downloaded the plans for the RCH trainer & 540 Edge but when I try to print them, it cuts off about 1/2" of the plan when printing.
I set the scaling to 101% & get the 5" line correct. If I leave it at 100% the line is to short but it still cuts off the same 1/2"
Any suggestions or has anyone else had the same problem?
Is the overall length od the fuselage supposed to be 30"?

RC MAN

Hey Tony,
How ya gettin on with your 540?
Im gonna get mine on the way in about 14 days.
Lots of work over here I have to get rid of before starting.
Will give it a trash through flight, Give it all it has to offer, and no forgivings either lol.

Frank
The test pilot

Tony

Staff member
Tony, I downloaded the plans for the RCH trainer & 540 Edge but when I try to print them, it cuts off about 1/2" of the plan when printing.
I set the scaling to 101% & get the 5" line correct. If I leave it at 100% the line is to short but it still cuts off the same 1/2"
Any suggestions or has anyone else had the same problem?
Is the overall length od the fuselage supposed to be 30"?

I had to print "without borders" on my plans to make them work. I'm working on fixing this issue but not sure how. I'm not really a scratch build kinda guy in the design world lmao. And I cant' remember about the fuse, but the wing is exactly 30". Made it to work with a full sheet of foam board. Let me know if you get it.

Hey Tony,
How ya gettin on with your 540?
Im gonna get mine on the way in about 14 days.
Lots of work over here I have to get rid of before starting.
Will give it a trash through flight, Give it all it has to offer, and no forgivings either lol.

Frank
The test pilot

I have the pieces cut out lmao. Just need the time to actually put it together and get the electronics in it. Might be a while still. When you get it flying, get us some video so we can see it.

llommel

OK on the wing 30", gives me a reference to go by. If I leave about a 1/16" between the 8-1/2 x 11" sheets when I tape them together, it comes out pretty good.
Will give it a try on the 540 & see how it comes out. Thanks.

:encouragement:

RC MAN

I had to print "without borders" on my plans to make them work. I'm working on fixing this issue but not sure how. I'm not really a scratch build kinda guy in the design world lmao. And I cant' remember about the fuse, but the wing is exactly 30". Made it to work with a full sheet of foam board. Let me know if you get it.

I have the pieces cut out lmao. Just need the time to actually put it together and get the electronics in it. Might be a while still. When you get it flying, get us some video so we can see it.

Hey Tony,
Ya probably dont know who I am, but here goes, Im 54, been doin crazy stuff with RC Things since I was a kid, (HMMM, when do we ever grow up anyway.)
I built RC Lowriders, Drifters, Dragsters, Helis, and all at my own costs.
I am REALLY into RC in anyway possible, If anybody has a question about how to set stuff up, or an electronic question, just let em rip there question on me.
I am here at RC HELP to answer all your questions at the best of my ability.

What I am capable of ? Milling, Welding, Forming, Tuning. And prototype building is my job for the last 35 years

I had a problem when trying to fly a heli, a crash costs (atleast , feathering shaft, main shaft, blades, servos, and linkages.) When not a frame or 2. I bent a rotorhead also.
Now I make my parts from Titanium (and not the stuff thats just Titanium coated) Real Titanium.
Grade 2 and above. I made a Titan mainshaft and tailboom for my heli, and aint had to buy another yet, Yes I crash alot.
So you know what your 540 bird is going to be up to when its in my hands, lol, but I promise to take it easy on her till I figure how it flys.
Will post when I get done with it, I always forget to make pics of a build. :blue::blue::blue:
My Titan Heli was a cool # , polished to a high luster, sold it to a Heli Enthusiest, He flew it and said, Wholey schitt, it flys super, Was sold. It was a Trex sport v3, all in Titan.

I will post when I have the 540 Prototype done, planes are cool too.

Frank

llommel

Got the plans taped together & got the wing cut out. All was good on the plans so far. Just had to leave 1/16" space between the papers when I taped them together.
Don't know if it was just the way I printed them or something else, anyway they work.
Will take some pics as I go along. Plan on using Tape Brothers tape to cover it as I go.

Tony

Staff member
1/16", wow. I need to see about taking the plans and see if I can shrink them (in the page only, keep the same size overall) and put a border around all of it. Time to do some reading. But, it will be a bit, having a nightmare of a time right now with another aircraft.

llommel

All parts cutout & taped with colored tape.
Only problem was elevator needed more clearance to move up & down.

Tony, is the motor mounted with any up, down, right or left angle??

Tried to add pics, but didn't work out, don't know what's wrong.

Tony

Staff member
Since I have not flown it, I have no idea if it needs any angled thrust. Only one way to find out though. And there shouldn't be any issue with uploading pictures. I have not changed anything.

Tony

Staff member
That is the same color scheme as I used on my telemaster lmao. Love it. Can't wait to see this thing together and in teh air!!!

Top Bottom