RCH Edge 540, It's A Start...

Tony

Staff member
Nah, if you could see what I see, you would junk it too. The paper is peeling off the foam core. I let it sit out in the heat too long. Need to get some high dollar board to do this.

Tony

Staff member
Not quite. I was trying to match my Edge 540 by Fliton that I designed. Didn't quite make it...

IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

cml001

That's a sweet bird too! Why no video of that thing sing'n thru the air? Tony Tony Tony.... I wanna see u fly'n the Filton!

cml001

I have seen this video... Forgot about it... I would love a balsa plane... You should get her tip top and fly the piss outta that thing!

Tony

Staff member
I have flown the piss out of the Extra 260 lmao. Need to get my membership back at the flying club and take them back out. Just need the cash to put the electronics in them. So in other words, not going to happen for quite a while.

Tony

Staff member
EXI was another knock off brand of Align. They were sold through Xheli for a while. Now, anyone with them are SOL and must purchase somewhere else because Xheli no longer sells them. Hell, I can't find them anywhere anymore. But, like HK, and the other clones, they are compatible with Align. I had one and it fought me so friggin hard that I had to make that decal. Now, MadRat owns it from here on the forum, and he never flies it. I even tried buying it back, and he won't sell it lmao.

Ken Jackson

EXI was another clone. My 500 was originally a belt drive fly bar EXI Heli. It is 90% Align now the only piece that is still EXI is the shelve my IKON gyro is mounted on.

- - - Updated - - -

EXI was a much better clone then Hobby king

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry tony your post popped in as I was sending mine

- - - Updated - - -

You da man, lol

Tony

Staff member
Why are you apologizing to me? lmao.

I remember Gaba, yes, Gaba's first helicopter was an EXI. You want to talk about some hilarious ish, watching that first video of his will make tears fall from your eyes lmao.

Ken Jackson

I actually liked the EXI 500. It was blued aluminum. I crashed my first one so bad I bought a second one for parts. The whole kit minus electronics was $500. I still have the one way bearings one of the heads, a tail assembly. I sold one tail assembly to Derek a year or two ago.

After a while you just couldn't get parts. I think Align put a contract out on them, haha

- - - Updated - - -

Correction the whole kit for a 500 was $120

Top Bottom