Other RC Truck Tx

Derek

I'm putting some thought into getting a pair of rc trucks....off road, of course, for my wife and I.

When it comes to an ARR (Almost Ready to Run)...the minimum Tx/Rx combo you'd need is a two channel setup, right? For "forward and backward" and "left and right." Is that right? I've seen that some Tx's and Rx's have 3 channels. Could a home made snow plow be setup on this third channel?

Tony

Staff member
Could it? Yup. If you get something like the Tmaxx, the 3rd channel is for the reverse servo. I have liked the DX3 from Spektrum, but if you are wanting top of the line, check out the Airtronics M11, it's what I used when I was racing. Amazing Tx!!!

Wish i could get my mrs interested in RC....
I think I'll have to wait until mr Jr or Miss Jr comes along.....
Oh well... Mate I have to agree with tony the airtronics is a pretty nice bit of kit!

Derek

Could it? Yup. If you get something like the Tmaxx, the 3rd channel is for the reverse servo. I have liked the DX3 from Spektrum, but if you are wanting top of the line, check out the Airtronics M11, it's what I used when I was racing. Amazing Tx!!!

So...forward is one channel, reverse is second channel, and steering is the third channel???

Tony

Staff member
Only on nitro. If you get an electric, then reverse could be built into the ESC. But, all racing ESC's do not have reverse. Or they didn't when I was racing. Throttle is one channel, and steering is another.

Derek

hmmm, ok.

...and I can assure you that I will NOT be getting a pair of those Airtronics M11...Tower Hobbies has them for $389 each. Yeah, um...that's not gonna happen, lol

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, the M11 is the DX18 of the ground pounder world. hell, they may have a newer one out now. Yup, just checked, they now have an M12 lmao. Go get you a pair!!!!

But, to give you a serious answer, you need to tell me what kind of ground pounder you are wanting. And if you even think of getting anything from nitrorcx or any of those other rip off artists, I will drive up there and straight :nutkick:

Stambo

I have a Turnigy Trailblazer 1/8 from Hobbyking which is apparently a rebranded Redcat Earthquake 8e.
This thing goes hard but has spent more time apart than running. I don't think I have ended a session with it still going yet.
The steering is junk, slightest knock and screws get ripped out of plastic arms, screws and bushings get lost and I end up waiting for or building parts for it. I am now working on putting longer screws through the plastic arms with nylock nuts on them so this don't happen again. Don't get me wrong, this is a good truck for the money but the poor steering system really lets it down.
If I knew anyone thinking of buying one I would suggest the mods I have already done and further intend to do to the steering.
I have been looking for upgrade alloy parts but at this stage cannot find anything.

Tony

Staff member
You guys are more country than we are down here lmao.

I take it you are wanting to go with electric over nitro?

Derek

Thanks for your thoughts, Stambo!

Tony....yeah...i'm looking at electric....i dont think the wife would like it if I fired up a nitro in the house, lol.

Tony

Staff member
Are you dead set on a 4x4? With that trike, I was thinking she would want something along the lines of an onroad car. You know, something like This...

Derek

well, i tell you what...if she is going to get a car that will do 100mph, right out of the box....YOU are gonna be the one paying for it, lol.

No, I'm not "dead set" on 4x4 but I have talked with her about it and we'd like both of us to have something that will transition from our street to around the yard. I've seen some reviews on some two wheel drive trucks that seem to simply tear up grass and dirt. That's what we are looking for.

I also have a second reason for wanting a "good sized" truck. I want a truck that will pull a trailer that I have. I've made a deck for it that will hold my Trex 500. Now...surely I won't be driving the truck at 30mph+ while towing my 500, lol. I just want to have some fun.

Tony

Staff member
Why not think of something like the Revo? Or even the T-Maxx or E-Maxx? Just posting suggestions.

Derek

Yep...that's fine. I appreciate the suggestions. I've driven a Revo before. Super nice car! A T Maxx or E Max would be awesome.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Tony

Staff member
The E-Maxx is an electric truck that will pull a wheelie at like half throttle lmao. The thing is a torque monster. And will go through just about anything that's in yoru yard. But you are right, the Revo is great, I just think they are over priced for what they are. but love the shock setup on them.

If you are looking for more of a 2WD stadium truck, something like This One. Great trucks.

Top Bottom