Cases Rc-Help's Official Charger Setup

Tony

Staff member
So what do you get when you take dual 575w PSU's, put them in a new case, add some plexi and LED's? You will just have to wait to find out... :evil:

Tony

Staff member
Okay guys, here you go. This is what you end up with when you have too much acrylic and a couple rolls of LED's that need to be used. The first picture I used "cool white" led's, but didn't like the temperature of them. So I changed it to the "bright white" LED's and it's MUCH brighter lol.

The logo is NOT a decal. I etched it into the acrylic. I don't think I like it though. I will be making another one. Any suggestions on what you would like to see on it? Post up your suggestions...

Here is the "cool white", which are pretty yellow.
chargercase.jpg

And here is the "Bright White". I like this one much better.
chargercasewhite.jpg

Post up and let me know what you think! Again, I will be doing another cover for this case. Don't like this one.

Oh, where can I get those digital meters for voltage and amperage? I want those!

chargercase.jpg

chargercasewhite.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Looks good even if you don't like it. The white light looks good also. It should have enough light to see everything in the dark.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I forgot to mention is I finally hooked up my 80mm fan on the left side of the PSU's also. The same wire that is running the lights is also running the fan. The wires may be too small though. Guess I will find out lol.

cml001

Search : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits, this site has a bunch of cools stuff... U can get these in several colors.. I did mine out in green.. I think dean did his in red.. But they have white, blue... This site is just kool! Let me kno when u get that video up... I wanted to do a fan too.. So if u have a fan and LEDs run'n I'd love to know what to get and how to run it... Wiring isn't my thing.. But if I see it I can duplicate it... How I got the ps done in the first place... Yeah let me kno.. But do check out this site... Got kool switches too.. Ref my build in deans thread.

Tony

Staff member
Somehow, I didn't even see that post. The fan is just an 80mm fan out of a computer. It runs on 12vDC. I have positive and negative wires running from ONE of the PSU's to the fan (red to red, black to black) then from the fan to the lights, again, same polarity. It's pretty simple. I would get a quick video, but it's getting late and I don't want to get it all out. Had a busy day...

cml001

Werd.. I hear that. Feel that.. I'm couch'n it w the tv & iPhone... Ain't move'n! Didn't even want to load up the PC to run Phoenix... When u can bro no biggie.. Where did u get ur LEDs?

Tony

Staff member
I got them from Ebay. Like 5 yards with 120 LED's per yard, 12vDC. Pretty cheap. About $11 for the roll.

wolfman76

Hey tony do you have a link to the power supplies you used for eBay not show which ones to look for

Tony

Staff member
Do a search for DPS-600PB. Or, make me an offer on my setup. i'm not using it and wont' be for a while.

wolfman76

Do a search for DPS-600PB. Or, make me an offer on my setup. i'm not using it and wont' be for a while.

Probably wouldn't have weekday you would want for it tony or i world.. thanks though i have to buy in pieces

Derek

I'm interested in something like this, but I wouldn't even know what kind of offer to make without the possibility of being insulting. What does something like this sell for?

Top Bottom