Prop Rc-Help's New Trainer Plane

Tony

Staff member
What's happenin' everyone? As most of you know, I get very bored at work, and I needed something to do. So, I decided to create a set of Trainer plans from one of the best trainers out there, The Telemaster. What I ended up with is a full fuse, Kfm3 airfoil Trainer that needs NO wing struts. The Kfm3 airfoil provides all of the support that this wing needs. If you are looking to do some High G turns or something, you can put a 1/8" spar in the second layer of the wing.

In the video below, you will see that in the beginning, I was fighting this thing. The wind was up about 25mph, and my CG and elevator were all out of wack. So what was the end result? Watch for yourself.

But, after I got it rebuilt with a little hot glue, Up she went again, got it trimmed out, and man this is going to make a sweet plane for a beginner.

The full fuse design you can hide all of your electronics, and they are protected from crash damage and falling off during flight. The full fuse design will also withstand those "less than perfect" landings a LOT better than a profile plane. This also allows for a great Main wing mounting area. This is a removeable wing, with dual ailerons so you can put flaps on it if you want. You can also install a rudder, and fly this as a 3 channel if you put about 7* of dihedral in the wing.

The motor I was using in this video was the Alpha 370, and it was getting pretty warm during the short flights. I'm going to be ordering the Alpha 400 motor as it will run a little cooler, adn I'm going to go up on the ESC. The ESC that I ran in this thing was so hot that I couldn't even touch it. So, I'm over my limit on amp draw on that little guy lol. But battery was just above air temp though. so, I have plenty of battery.

But, have a look at the very first flight of the very first plane that Rc-Help has designed. I can assure you there will be more.

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L_fqam9OgqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DEh6NdPZcTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

64impala

Tony look into the optima they are shaft front motors with flat mount back just my 2c. I am actually trying out a rocket 400 size 1980kv for my jet planes. My first impression is that they are very strong but built like the alpha series with the rear shaft, so far I like it. They have some good prices on esc's too 30a for 13 and 40 for just a couple more bucks I also picked up a programer card speak about easy.

L PLATER

A few suggestions for a name: The bucket ( full of sh**) or how about the earth magnet, That wind was way too much for the small wing area.

Other then that it flew pretty good for your first attempt at a scratch build, congrats.

Cheers

Tony

Staff member
64, I have thought about, adn looked into those motors. I'm actually about to pull the trigger on the Optima 400. The KV is not there, but should be great with a little more aggressive prop. I'm no plane guy, so any input on the matter is appriciated lol.

Glenn, not sure the meaning behind the first name... And, the second doesn't fit as the crash was the result of a wing stall and the plane flipping around on me.

Tony

Staff member
Just took the trainer out for another flight today. The wind was nothing when I went out there, but picked up towards the middle. I have to say, I LOVE THIS PLANE! I have not seen a trainer that would fly this stable, this slow, for so little money. The motor was still pretty warm, but because I wasn't fighting the wind all the time, it wasn't as warm.

One thing about this plane, the faster you go, the more lift it's going to create. So, as you are speeding up, it's going to nose up on you. This is ment to fly very slow lol. PERFECT for the beginner pilot. Like me, hahahaha

HK500GT2.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Are you going to be one of them? I would like to get some feedback on them from "the real world".

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. I'm just looking for some other good pilots to test it out and give their opinion on it. For me, it flies great. But, it may not fly so great for another, and I want to figure out the reason.

Top Bottom