Rc-Help's New Store

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone. I'm happy to announce that Rc-Help will be rolling out a brand new store shortly. We have teamed up with Amazon to help save you guys some money on your purchases. And lets face it, when we are spending $500+ on a kit, saving every little penny counts.

Right now, the store is just a static page with download links for the PDF plans that we have. And those are going to stay. But, we are going to put a page in there that is hosted by Amazon. All of the check-out processes and warranties will all go through amazon.

I want to give the members of RCH the ability to get great prices on everything RC, including kits, Tx/Rx's and tools. And as you all know, I'm just super busy with life right now, so starting up a store where I handle all of the items and everything is just a bit out of reach right now. And this is the next best thing!

My question to you is, what would you like to see in the store? If amazon sells it, I can put it in the store. So post up what you would like to see. And if we don't have something that you want, let me know and I will find it for you and put it in the store at the same time. All you have to do is let me know.

For me I'd love to see tools and stuff on the site.
I probably look through Amazon and see what they actually do sell.
I know some of amazon has geo blocking, will this be the same if using the website store?

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what geo blocking is. But you can bet we will have tools in the store. From drivers to pliers to swash levelers to pitch gauges, they will be in there!

Tony

Staff member
Alright everyone, I have been working on the new store and getting all of the code put here into the forum. At this time, I have a few helicopters, a few airplanes and a few battery chargers in the store. All you have to do is click on the store button above to see what all is in there. If you don't see what you want, let me know and I will add it. I can add products within about 10 minutes if I get your message quick enough.

This store is going to help RCH more than anything if we can spread the word. The more people that purchase things from the store, the more projects we can do here on the forum. And the options are limitless on what we can build and review. It will come to a point where I will just start asking what you want to see, and if everything goes well, we will just do it.

So go check out the store and if you are wanting to purchase something, please do so in the store. It will help RCH out more than you know.

And as always, if you have suggestions for what you want to see in this store, post them up! I can put anything into this store. I'm working on a tools section right now.

wolfman76

how bout some trucks,tanks,boats,submarines kits, possibly paints and things like that airbrushes monokoting you maybe other types of supplies you building materials stuff like that for the few of us that still like to build things.. that would be cool i would definitely love to buy that stuff through here if it made it easier and benefited the forum

Tony

Staff member
I can do that. Well, the building materials. If I have the time, I will try to get the trucks and tanks in there lol.

pvolcko

What would be nice is a list of items for people starting out with a kit built heli. Recommended tools, glues, loctites, grease, oil, FBL mounting tape/pad, battery velcro straps and pads, towels/work area cloth, etc. People underestimate all the stuff they'll need to get started with a build and people need to piece together their own kits often by trial and error, ending up with multiple sets of hex drivers and whatnot. I think it would be helpful if only so people can gauge what the costs will be besides the heli itself.

Tony

Staff member
That list can get quite extensive. But I will see what I can do. Maybe something like "Common Helicopter tools" and "Common Airplane Tools", something like that?

pvolcko

Well, hopefully it would be a subset of items in the other store pages already. And it could get extensive, but to me that's kind of the point. A guide for what you'll need and also a sort of full disclosure to the uninitiated as to what they're getting themselves into. :)

EyeStation

I think all the stuff recommended in the RC-Help build plans are a must. Maybe a model specific hop-up list would be cool too.
Would be cool to get some deals like Groupon going too. Enough commit to a bulk purchase can share the cost. Find a way for Amazon to handle that shipping may be tough.

Sparse

Hey Tony bud the store is looking good however the red font is kinda hard to red, you may want to pick a different color. so us older guys dont have such a hard time reading it.

Derek

Hey Tony bud the store is looking good however the red font is kinda hard to red, you may want to pick a different color. so us older guys dont have such a hard time reading it.

Yeah, I have to agree. The red is a bit difficult to read.

Tony

Staff member
Roger that, Changed it to white. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the feedback.

RMB677

I took a look at the store today and a thought came to mind. Are you stepping on the toes of any of your advertisers by offering what they also sell?

Tony

Staff member
Nope, not at all. The only "advertisers" that are on here is Google Adsense. I don't have anything setup right now for dedicated sponsors for the site.

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I have moved this thread back here because the RCH Amazon store is back up and running. I have made a couple changes, but it's a long way off from being completed.

I have read all of the replies in this thread, and I will be working on new sections of the store and adding new products. As always though, I want to hear from you all on what you would like to see in the store.

Please remember, Rc-Help is ONLY providing this as a courtesy and we do NOT sell, ship or handle any disputes or returns. All of that will go through Amazon directly.

Please post up with ideas. Make sure to click on the Store tab above to check out the new store. And yes, the PDF plans are still in there!

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you have also noticed, on the right side of the forum, there is a new block. This is an amazon search block where you can search for anything. This is all to help you all find what you are looking for, as well as help Rc-Help.com provide new videos in the future. Thanks to everyone for supporting RCH!

Top Bottom