Rc-Help's New Forum Software

Tony

Staff member
I know that we have been having issues with the forum the way it is now, and I can assure you, I"m working on it. I have spent somewhere north of $400 trying to combat these issues. Why so much, because you members deserve a fast, responsive forum that actually works without tossing out errors every time you post. If you get errors, you don't want to be on here, so I'm working on it.

I have tried the newer version of what this forum is running on, and it's slow to say the least. Well I just downloaded and am now importing a new forum software and this thing is smoking fast. I'm talking you hit the submit button, and before you can release your mouse button, it's loaded. SMOKING FAST!!!

If I can get things going, I will be upgrading this forum this weekend. I will warn you though, it's going to be a shock. It's completely new. It was coded by a guy that created this forum software that we are on now, but he went off on his own and wow, he did a great job.

There are some bad points with this though. the articles sections... They will no longer exist, but lets face it, the forum is where the action is on here. So I'm sure we can do without the articles section for a while. I will be working on a new articles section after I get everything going though. Again, it will just take time. But it will get done.

It's getting better guys. I'm working on it, my credit cards are smoking, but the forum is going to be smoking here before too long.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
That's awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Thanks for your work and dedication to this site inspite of your other projects you have going and growing. I'm sure others would agree.....it's much appreciated!

Tony

Staff member
I will tell you what. I'm really liking this new software and would like some more feedback on it. Click on the link below and come over there. The log in information is the exact same as it is here. Just remember, anything posted on the other site will NOT be saved and it will all be deleted. We will not answer any tech questions over there. The other forum is for testing ONLY, but I need testers. Come on over and tell me what you think!!!

Rc-Help

See you there soon.

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap. This new forum is going so well I want to update this one today lmao. I'm loving this!!!!,

Slobberdog

Looks a lot quicker Tony, but are the reply box buttons gonna change from grey scale, basic or is that done for space / programming reasons.

But it did seem really smooth,

Tony

Staff member
I have played with the buttons, and they are not like they are on here. They are pretty much teh same color on all of them. I can change the colors of them though...

Slobberdog

I like it Tony, it's super quick and neat, the main forum page with the drop downs for sub sections keeps things very clean

Tony

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone noticed that lol.

I'm glad that you like it. I'm absolutely love the setup of the new forum. Very fast, user friendly and easy to navigate. The only downside is we will lose the articles section when we make the change. But, I have some plans for that. It will just have to happen later.

Tony

Staff member
I know right? How amazing is it to get something and it just work and not have to sit for days trying to find that one line of code that is screwing everything up... lmao.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Not sure if it means anything but I was on the new forum site and I looked over on the right where it shows who is online and it said 1 member (me), 1 guest, 1 robot.....the robot raised red flags. Again, just thought I would let you know.

Tony

Staff member
If you click on the header to that side box, it should open up a window showing who all is on the forum. Most likely, the "robot" was something like a Bing Bot, or Google Bot, or something like that. Perfectly safe. Thanks for keeping an eye out though. This is what we need to keep the forum running strong!!!

Top Bottom