Rc-Help's New Chat

Tony

Staff member
Most of you that are on here every day already know what I'm about to say, but for those that are not, this could help you out.

When I removed the old chat, I received a huge response that just about everyone wanted it back. Unfortunately, I didn't like the layout of the old chat, and it was quite heavy on the server. So what did I do? I installed a fully integrated "Facebook" style chat.

If you look at the bottom of this window (not the page, just the bottom of the open window on your computer) you will see a black bar. On the left are 6 buttons, and on the right is the "Who's Online", Settings button, and Chat close button.

If you would like to chat with someone 1 on 1, click on the "Who's Online" button, then click on your friends name. That will open a bar window (just like facebook) and you can chat with your friend. This can be very helpful if you are looking for advice from a single person. Unlike a public chat room, it will only be you and the one other person.

However, if you like the public chat more than the private chat, we still have that as well. One of the biggest questions I have gotten is "where did the button go that was on the navbar?". Well, the button is gone because the old chat is gone. But, the public chat is still there in the new bar at the bottom of the window.

Before we get into the public chat, lets go over what all of the buttons are on the left side of the chat bar. The first button (
icon.png
) is the home button. When you click this button, it will take you to Rc-Help - Your Rc Information Source!. This can be handy no matter what page you are on. The second button (
icon.png
) is the public chat button. I will get more into this below. The third button (
icon.png
) is the announcements button. This will show all announcements that the staff have put on the chat. The fourth button (
icon.png
) is single player games. Again, I will get more into this below. The fifth button (
icon.png
) is the "Share This Page" button. Click that button to share the current page you are on. And the sixth button (
icon.png
) is the Scroll to Top button. At any time, on any page, you can click that button, and you will automatically be taken to the top of the page.

Public Chat Button
icon.png

When you click this button, it will open up a small window. In that window, select "Rc-Help Chat". That will take you to the public chat room. In there, you can chat with anyone else that is in there. If you have a friend that is online and you would like to have them in there as well, you can click on the "Invite" button and invite them. You can also click the Popout button if you wish to have the chat window in another window.

Single Player Games
icon.png

That's right, you can now play games on Rc-Help. Well, not exactly, I just provide you with the link to play the games. I myself love the pool games, but you may like something else. And let me tell you, there are a lot of games in there. Also, in the 1 on 1 chat, you can play multi player games with your friends.

One issue that I have heard from members using the chat, is that the globe and youtube videos (anything flash really) would cover up the chat bar, and any open windows. I have fixed this issue and the chat bar should be on top all the time now. If you find that it is not, let me know and I will look into it.

As with any other issue on the site, if you find something that you don't think is correct, let me know. You can send me a PM, or you can hit me up in the chat if I'm online (and I usually am lol).

So as you can see, the chat is still here. Please respect it, and don't abuse it. If I find out that people are sending mean, hateful, or any other messages via the chat that people find offensive, I will remove all privileges for that user, and issue a 3 day ban, no questions asked, do not pass go, do not collect $200. This chat is here for all of us to enjoy. And I know the members on here are great, and follow the rules of the site. And I thank you for that.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

iPhone Users, READ THIS!

If you are using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, go to http://rc-help.com/cometchat/iphone. It will open up a chat that can be used on this chat, and it's large enough to actually use. If you get a message that you have been logged out, just retype the address into the URL bar, and it should load. There are a couple small issues with this chat, but it does work.

Tony

Staff member
The issue is back with the youtube videos covering up the chat bar, and windows. I'm aware of it, and will have to play with the code to figure something out. It will just take a little time.

Top Bottom