Rc-Help's First Race Car!!!

Tony

Staff member
Back in teh day (about 8 years ago is when I quit lol) I used to race at a track every weekend. And it was fun. But did get boring. Well, I'm back at it. I'm sure you all have seen the Team Losi 22SCT that I built and that is what I have used to create an IMCA oval car. I know, using a truck to create a car lol. Made no sense to me either.

Pretty much, a bunch of guys got together and decided to stick IMCA bodies on the SCT's. You have to chop the hell out of the body, but it can be done. I don't think it looks good, and I know the body that I would want to use, but this is what is in the rules.

I do plan on painting the stock body for this truck, but that will be when we get the "kids" out of that class and start racing clean. Until then, I will run this class which has some of our best drivers in it.

This body is made by McAllister and is pretty cheap. I painted it with some acrylic paint that has been around for years, but it's just not the same. I used Pactra for years as my ONLY paint, but this one (FastColor I think) just doesn't work. I tried to mix my own color as I have done a hundred times before, adn it turned out like crap. But oh well, I will just use this body as my practice body.

I will be buying a new body and hunting down some Pactra paint. Maybe then it won't bleed as friggin bad...

Now it's been, as stated, 8 years since I painted a body. And it shows. My lines are WAY off lol. But, the logos are perfect!!! Just need to steady my hand on the outlines...

This is an unedited photo of the whole car. There is supposed to be a two tone color on teh side. It's supposed to be a charcoal metallic right where the RCH logo's are, and black metallic under it. As you can see in this shot, it looks the same...

20140525_070224.jpg

Here is a shot of the two colors. Yeah, that top color is not ANYTHING CLOSE to what I want. So pissed :pissed:

20140525_070442.jpg

I will be doing this again. Just not sure when lol. Have to hunt down paint that is no longer in production...

To give you an idea of what color the top of the car should be, it's something like this...

2004_00047_01.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's a ford. But I like the color and I have put my own little tweak to it lol.

Let me know what you think. And NO, I will NOT strip this body even though I could.

20140525_070224.jpg

20140525_070442.jpg

2004_00047_01.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The flash made it MUCH brighter. And I will see if I can get video of it on the track so you can see my LACK of skills lmao. But, the glasses that I have to shoot with (which is the only way I can get video) like to look up more than down, so I may only get about 30 seconds of the race lmao. I move around a LOT when racing lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Gluing up new wheels and tires for it now. Will post pictures to try and find out what I want to use...

Tony

Staff member
Baby got new shoes!!!

I just finished gluing up these tires and I have a decision to make...

Beadlock or disk. That is the question.

Take a look at the pictures below and tell me what wheel centers you would use on this car.

20140525_085343.jpg
20140525_085408.jpg

20140525_085343.jpg

20140525_085408.jpg

EyeStation

I think the disks are more visible on the track, but the beadlocks bring out your yellow body lines more.
Beadlocks!

Tony

Staff member
I will post up a video when I take it out to the track next weekend. I have a rule with my "race" cars. They do not run in my yard unless I'm chasing an issue. The reason is because of the tires and wear on the parts. I have to rebuild the shocks after so many runs, same with springs, bearings and so on. But I will do what I can to remember the camera when I go out and race. as well as my computer so that I can see what I'm filming after each race lol.

Top Bottom