RC-help trainer

shelly316

Thanks alot they fly great the , the black and white was my first , after seeing how great a plane it was i just had to build and other .

shelly316

Lol. true thats very much the case I have and Idea to make it into a twin motor, but will see how that goes in the coming weeks

Derek

a twin motor, eh? that could be impressive! I'd be intrigued to see how that turns out.

Derek

Awesome buddy! I look forward to it! In the meantime, I may just have run down and get some more foamboard and build a second Trainer for myself, lol.

shelly316

sounds , good I orders some from dollarrtree.com last year , but got some cheap qaulity ones , so am sticking to buying them from local book stores.

Tony

Staff member
Moved this into the picture section instead of the camera section.

Those planes look great. The black one looks like my first one as well lol. Rode hard, and put away wet. But that second one looks great. I really need to get the RCH Trainer back out and fly it. The maiden flight video was the only time I have flown it. IT's just been hanging up since that video.

Speaking of video, let someone record a flight with a cell phone or something and post the video, I would love to see them in the air.

And the reason I use Dollar Tree foam is because it's very light. This helps save weight and lets you use a little smaller motor. Hobby Lobby sells some stronger stuff that is glossy, but it about twice the weight. However it's twice as strong as well for when you crash. Just a balancing act of weight and power.

shelly316

Get that bird in the air asap Tony, nice to hear from people who enjoy this hobby just as much as I do . Well I use dollar tree foam board as well , the place trainer was made from dollar tree foam board which i imported my self and the other one is foam board which I brought locally here on the island. whats strange is that the qaulity of the black one was very poor although they both were made by RL Adams , the ones I brought localy had color on one side and white and the other whereas the black one came with black one both sides.

Tony

Staff member
I will see what I can do this weekend. I may just have to take it out first thing one morning if it's not too cold. It's been getting down to about 15ºF here in Oklahoma with highs in the 30's.

BOKI

shelly316 ; I have the plans but never started the build yet! Have to buy all the parts & get going on it! Yours look real nice!

Last edited:

shelly316

Sounds good , am taking mine out for some more fun later today .

- - - Updated - - -

hey BOki, if you already have the foam board you should realy cut out plans and glue this plane together cause its a piece of cake to put your parts on.

BOKI

shelly; What is the thickness of the foam board for the plane & where did you buy the other parts ! ?

neilborj

Hi Tony , I'm a new member and I wanted to build the
rc-help trainer but I can't find the pdf plans for it. I can't find the "store" on the web-site that you mentioned on the video. Can you please help?

Tony

Staff member
As I have put in your other 3 questions...

"I had to shut down the forum this past weekend and reload all of the files on the server. because of that, I had to remove the store. I'm working on getting the store back up and running as soon as I can. I appreciate your patience. "

Please only post once for each question. I promise, I read every reply, post, email, PM and comment that is put on any of my sites or channels. Just give us some time to get hte forum back up and running. For more info on what went on, to into the announcement section and read the threads. Thanks.

Derek

shelly; What is the thickness of the foam board for the plane & where did you buy the other parts ! ?

Hey there, BOKI!! I am pretty sure that the foam board is 3/16" thick. It's readily available at The Dollar Tree and I've even been able to get the exact same foam board from Dollar General. At either store, they are $1 per sheet. Depending on how you lay out your pattern pieces, you'll need 3 sheets, at most.

As far as the other parts for the plane...check out Shop for RC Hobby Parts and Upgrades - Digital Servos, Brushless Motors, ESC, LiPo Batteries/Chargers for RC Helicopters, RC Planes, RC Cars, Robots or even HobbyKing RC Plane, Car, Heli, Boat and MultiRotor Hobby Store Hobbyking does have a USA warehouse that is located in Washington state. I've ordered from both places and the shipping time is pretty respectable. I've even ordered motor and esc combo's from Home of the MicroJet V3, Super MegaJet V2, SuperSonic V2, MonsterJet Brushless ParkJet Motors, Depron Foam, Dynam RC, ESC, LiPo Batteries, Metal Gear Servos and I've been very happy with them. They are based out of Georgia and their customer service is mega-awesome. I like them alot. I've ordered from Grayson Hobby 4 times now and each time, the package is at my door 3 days later.

I hope this helps! Good luck buddy!!!

Top Bottom