Rc-Help Nameserver Update. Forum May Go Down

Tony

Staff member
I just want to let everyone know that the forum may go down tonight or tomorrow. I'm having an issue with my other forum right now, and the only way to resolve this is to create new nameservers. Unfortunately, once you create them, they have to populate and that can take anywhere from 2-24 hours. So the forum may be down for a bit.

I'm hoping I can do this seamless, but just in case something goes wrong, I wanted to give you guys a little bit of a warning.

Let me know if you see any other issues.

Tony

Staff member
haha, I know what you mean. I think the last time I had to do this, I was able to keep the current nameservers (ns.inmotionhosting.com / ns2.inmotionhosting.com) while ns1.rc-help.com / ns2.rc-help.com were populating or resolving (couldn't think of that word earlier lol). If I can do that this time, then you guys will never know the change happened. But, if it does go down, I just wanted to give you all a little warning. Hopefully lol.

Tony

Staff member
We have finally changed the name servers to what they are supposed to be. So far, so good lol. With all of the issues that I have had this week with the DNS part of the server, I'm surprised.

cml001

Where u working on it last night? Had trouble posting... Keep having to sign in... Post never made it...

Tony

Staff member
I was working on it last night, but nothing should have affected posting. As far as I know, the forum never went down during this change. More than likely what you experienced was a cookie time out. If you don't check the box to stay logged in, the forum will log you out after 10 minutes. I have installed a hack that automatically checks the box at the top of the forum, but if you are signing in with the page that comes up where you log in with the center of your screen, you must manually check that box. Hope this helps and I do apologize for the issues.

Top Bottom