Rc-Help Is Upgrading The Forum Software!!!

Tony

Staff member
I thought I would give you guys a couple days notice on what I have planned.

I have tested the new Rc-Help forum all day, and EVERYTHING has went perfectly!!! I'm talking the theme is perfect (Dark only, have not worked on the light theme yet), user permissions are easy to adjust, and that is the ONLY issues I have had. Yup, setting a theme, adn adjusting the permission settings is ALL I had to do to get what I think is a perfect forum.

There is a down side to this though. We will be losing the CMS for the time being. CMS stands for Content Management System, or what the Articles are located. Because of this, we will not have any articles for a while. I am working on a fix for this, but it's going to take a while. But lets face it, not many people go to the articles section of the forum. Anything and everything that is in there is in the forum. I still have the forum sections that I moved into the article section and removed from the forum, so we will not be losing much. I can always add it back.

So Saturday morning, I will be closing the forum, creating full backups of the files and DB, and uploading the brand new forum to the server. I can assure you, for those that have not checked the new one out yet, you will like it. I will let those that have tested it with me today tell you just how fast and easy to use this new forum software is. It's great in my opinion.

So this weekend, Rc-Help starts a brand new chapter!!! It's time to wake this forum up more than it already is!!! Please post this on your facebook page, like it at the top of the page just above the first post, to let people know that Rc-Help is upgrading!!!

Thanks everyone for getting us here. I have a LOT of money invested in this upgrade, but I think it's worth it. I hope you all feel the same way!

Stambo

Been there and had a look around, its really fast, slightly different but close enough that we won't get too lost.
Looking good Tony.
And did I mention that it's really fast. :)

Tony

Staff member
Been doing just a little more work on the new site. hehe, giddy like a little school girl... Loving this...

Barge

The new forum sure is a slick one, good layout with a bit more of a modern feel and look about it. A minor grumble but your probably onto it anyway is the font, not real keen on it, Times New Roman I think it is. My choice, for what it is worth would be Calibri, as for the rest of it, schmicko.

Slobberdog

Been playing on there and tbh there is a marked difference to this forum, lately this one has got slower and whatever Tony has done, it's been like putting a band aide on a bullet hole,

While firefighting has been done and we all thank Tony for that, this new forum is like a breath of fresh air, it's quick and clean looking,

I like it, I actually like it a lot.

Tony

Staff member
The new forum sure is a slick one, good layout with a bit more of a modern feel and look about it. A minor grumble but your probably onto it anyway is the font, not real keen on it, Times New Roman I think it is. My choice, for what it is worth would be Calibri, as for the rest of it, schmicko.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the font either, but I would like something that is a little different than what we have been using here. I"m pretty sure this is the font that is used over there if you are right on the name of it. We don't have Calibri though on this forum, but I'm sure I can make it an option on the other forum. I will have to look into that though. Remember, what ever font we use, the end user (you guys reading the forum) will have to have it installed on your computer in order to translate it. Otherwise, you can get messed up characters and all kinds of issues if it doesn't resolve to arial or something.

Been playing on there and tbh there is a marked difference to this forum, lately this one has got slower and whatever Tony has done, it's been like putting a band aide on a bullet hole,

While firefighting has been done and we all thank Tony for that, this new forum is like a breath of fresh air, it's quick and clean looking,

I like it, I actually like it a lot.

You are correct. I have done everything that I can on this forum and there is just no saving it. Spent $250 on a new version of this forum, and it has the same issues, just not as bad. But it's again, slow. I hate to make such a drastic change with the forum now that there are quite a few people posting, but this change definitely needs to be done. So we are going to do it. Tomorrow morning!!!

Tony

Staff member
Just checked, and I'm 99% sure the font used over there stock is Georgia. However, you can change the font to what you like if you wish.

Tony

Staff member
In about 30 minutes, I will be turning off the forum, making the backups and installing the new software. Shouldn't take more than a few hours, but you know how that can go lol.

Tony

Staff member
The other site (xfrchelp.com) will be left up so that we can chat about the upgrade. Doubt anyone will be over there lol. Should go pretty smoothly.

Top Bottom