EDF Rc-Help F-16

Tony

Staff member
Last year while I was at work, I got really bored and I created a PDF design of the F-16. Well, I have changed computers, built new ones and the plans are no where to be found. I'm sure they are in a file where they do not belong. I have over 3 TB of data on 4 separate HDD's from all of the backups of all of the computers I have owned. I know it's on there, but I can't find it.

if I can't find it, i will be creating these plans again and I will put them in the store for download. You guys saw the maiden flight of this plane, and it was very nose heavy. When I build the next one, I will be moving the motor to the back and allowing for more movement of the battery to fine tune the CoG. If I can get that set correctly, this is going to be a great flying plane. Not to mention it looks great in the air even though it is a profile foamie.

If you are interested in building this plane, let me know. It uses a standard 64mm EDF with 3 servos. I'm hoping I can get the time to sit down and play with the plans, or atleast look for the plans some more to keep from having to do more work. But I'm thinking they may be lost forever. but let me know if you would like to play with this plane.

Last year while I was at work, I got really bored and I created a PDF design of the F-16. Well, I have changed computers, built new ones and the plans are no where to be found. I'm sure they are in a file where they do not belong. I have over 3 TB of data on 4 separate HDD's from all of the backups of all of the computers I have owned. I know it's on there, but I can't find it.

if I can't find it, i will be creating these plans again and I will put them in the store for download. You guys saw the maiden flight of this plane, and it was very nose heavy. When I build the next one, I will be moving the motor to the back and allowing for more movement of the battery to fine tune the CoG. If I can get that set correctly, this is going to be a great flying plane. Not to mention it looks great in the air even though it is a profile foamie.

If you are interested in building this plane, let me know. It uses a standard 64mm EDF with 3 servos. I'm hoping I can get the time to sit down and play with the plans, or atleast look for the plans some more to keep from having to do more work. But I'm thinking they may be lost forever. but let me know if you would like to play with this plane.

I'd love to see the plans. I'm always interested in edf scratch builds!

Tony

Staff member
Well I have run into a little issue lol. I thought I had them on my computer as a backup of my lappy, and they are not there. So either this plane is going to die out and this is the only video I will have of it, or I'm going to have to remake the plans. I'm thinking I will remake the plans lol. I love this plane. Even being as nose heavy as it was it was a blast to fly. Well, except for getting stuck in the tree lmao. I will start working on these when I get some time off from work. I think last time it took me about 4 days to create the basic outline where I liked it. so I'm thinking a couple weeks to create plans that someone else can fly. Even the RCH trainer needs work since i have not even set the CoG on the plans yet because I have not flown it enough to know where to put it with that airfoil. I will get it figured out though and post up when they are ready.

Tony

Staff member
You emailed me the trainer. I have that file on the server. This F-16 isn't on there though.

Tony

Staff member
Okay well, I have some good news. I knew that it was on a backup I had, I just didn't know where. But I have found the file. I remember doing a LOT more work to this plan though lmao. I will have to redo the work that is not on there, smooth out some lines and get this thing in the store for you guys to download once I figure out everything on it. More than likely, I will start on this plan again this weekend. It's showing very high winds so I won't be flying. But, the plans are now in my possession lol. Can't wait to see you guys flying this plane.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately this has been put on hold with the full time job that I accepted in July of last year. Graveyards keep me from doing much. However, I still have the templates and the plans are somewhere and I do plan on finishing this build, I just don't know when. There is a LOT of work that needs to be done on this plane, especially with teh 64mm EDF. There just is not enough thrust to keep it in the air. I will be playing with the size of the wings to try and get the wing loading down so that it can fly a little slower. I'm thinking that I need to make it just a bit larger, but not sure.

I will try to make it a point to get my program loaded back on my lappy and work on it when I'm at the base working. Then I will upload the file so that you guys can try it out.

Thanks for bringing this thread back, I pretty much forgot about it lol.

This might be a bit tedious but the way to find anything on your HDD's is to hit your start menue and just above that you should see a place where you type. that is a a search bar. type the name of the file and it will show you were on the HDD it is. Now you said you have 4 HDD's you will have to do it on each one til you find the file

Tony

Staff member
You realize this was from May 2012, right? I"m quite aware how to search my computer, I do run servers for a living (somewhat living) and I build computers for fun. I did find the file, but gave up on the project long ago. The plane never flew correctly no matter what change I made, so I gave up on it. And if you read post #7 in this thread, you will see that I found the plans.

Top Bottom