Rc-Help.com Flight School

Tony

Staff member
I was doing some checking on a member profile that I created to check permissions, and I noticed that the Flight School was not in public view in the articles section. I'm not sure how it got unpublished, but it did. I have since published all of the articles so that you guys and gals can see them again.

I would like to make a note to part #3, I state to leave a couple degrees of positive pitch on the heli at low stick. This can be good and bad. It's good because if and when you chop the throttle, it will be like you are flairing the heli on an auto and it will set down a little softer. However... If you are trying to fly in any kind of wind, this is a bad idea and you need to have at least -2º on your pitch at low throttle. This will keep translational lift from picking up the helicopter when it's spooling down.

Since I have the heli back that I first started doing these videos with, I plan on finishing the series with videos. Right now, there are 11 videos in the series but 16 parts to the Flight School. I will be finishing these as soon as I can.

If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see added to the flight school, post them up below. The videos that are there now are there. However, I can make new videos in a later series if the members think there is a need for them. Just let me know. And again, I apologize about the videos getting unpublished.

Tony

Staff member
I have now reuploaded a new Part 3 in the flight school with the new pitch settings, and IMO, better scripting lol. Guess you do learn a few things over time. I will be editing the threads with the video soon.

Top Bottom