RC heli newbie wanting to learn

gabushna

Hey all,

I'm new to RC flying and not too sure what im doing.

Is there anyone that would be able to assist me with my radio setup?

It seems to be a decent radio but not sure what all the buttons and triggers have been programmed to do...

So i would need to get the heli fixed before i can attempt to take off.

Btw, my name is Johan and I am from Johannesburg, South africa

Welcome to the forum.. There is a really good section dedicated to transmitter set up. What transmitter are you using? What kind of heli are you flying?

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! As Bill stated, we have a section that is for nothing but Tx's. Post up in there with your specific questions and what Tx you are using and we will do our best to help you out.

:welcome1:

Lee

Welcome to the forum.
Ask you questions, and we will answer :)
Just give as much detail as you can, so we don't have to guess.

gabushna

I am flying a Thunder tiger raptor 30 nitro with a Futaba T9CHP.

My question is as follows, how would I find out which channel on the transmitter is configure to which task on the heli?

I am completely new to flying and have so far only been able to start up the heli (have not attempted to take off) because I have to replace a few parts.

So whilst I am waiting for the parts I want to know as much about the transmitter and heli as possible.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gabushna

I am flying a Thunder tiger raptor 30 nitro with a Futaba T9CHP.

My question is as follows, how would I find out which channel on the transmitter is configure to which task on the heli?

I am completely new to flying and have so far only been able to start up the heli (have not attempted to take off) because I have to replace a few parts.

So whilst I am waiting for the parts I want to know as much about the transmitter and heli as possible.

15916a2ca5095268d9404150e49905ff.jpg

Lee

Standard RX channel lay out for Futaba.
1: Aileron
2: Elevator
3: Throttle
4: Rudder
5: Gear
6: Flap
7: Aux 1
8: Aux 2 (Batt)

n8lbv

This got my attention: >>>> I am completely new to flying and have so far only been able to start up the heli (have not attempted to take off)<<<<

Welcome!! I don;t want to sound like your parents, but a Raptor 30 is in most cases not a good heli to learn to fly on unless you have some really good one on one help during the entire
process from somebody very experienced.

I'll leave it at that for now, hope that you have some great help and I'd encourage you to learn on some small trainer type helis and a simulator before trying to take off on the 30.
Otherwise it will not end well at all for you or the helicopter :)

Top Bottom