Cars RC car will steer but wont move!!!

isaaclimbrick

I have the ACME Vanguard Mazda Electric RC Radio Remote Control Car and have used it for about an hour, i was driving it when suddenly it stopped and all that worked were the front wheels, the battery is fully charged and the remote has fresh batteries to. I am brand new to this whole thing and i was just looking for an experts help in how to get my car working again thanks.

Tony

Staff member
If I found the correct car (post a link to your car if you would please), it is running a brushed motor. These dont' last very long and an hour of playing is likely enough to either wear it out or get a brush stuck so it won't move.

You can try to tap on the motor with the handle of a screw driver or something to see if you can get a connection. It will only be temporary at best though. What I would do is upgrade to a brushless system. More speed, more power, longer drive times and no brushes to replace.

But please post a link to your car so I can be for sure I'm looking at the correct car.

Tony

Staff member
That link states it is already a brushless motor. It was the same car that I was looking at, just a different motor/esc. So that shouldn't be the issue.

Make sure to check all connections to make sure they are getting continuity. Try rebinding your Tx to the Rx. Sometimes that helps. If none of this works, then I would send the place where you got it from an email stating the issue. They may have seen it before. Without being there to test, it's hard to pin point the issue.

If you have a manual, you may also try recalibrating the esc.

Tony

Staff member
Only if the motor is at fault. If it's the ESC, then you would have two good motors and no good ESC. Same could be said for getting a new ESC if the motor is bad. I would try to calibrate the ESC to the TX but first rebind the Tx to the Rx.

Tony

Staff member
If your motor wires are like pictured below, check the solder joints on the ESC. Also, the sharp bend of the wire by the connectors could have fractured causing an open circuit. Check all of these connections as they are standing out to me. Also check the servo wire from the ESC going into the Rx.

vanguard-mazda-style-brushless-rc-car-eaa.jpg

vanguard-mazda-style-brushless-rc-car-eaa.jpg

isaaclimbrick

yes it looks as if my wiring is okay i have recalibrated but still only the front wheels turn what do you think this could be thanks

Tony

Staff member
Are there any lights on the ESC? Obviously it's getting power or the steering servo would not be working. My guess (and it's only a guess) is the FET's in the ESC have burnt up. Do you smell anything odd with the ESC? I would contact who you got the car through and see if they will send you a replacement.

isaaclimbrick

no there are no lights when i use my controller do you think the ESC is the problem then thanks and i will get in touch with them thanks

Tony

Staff member
There is a chance, but without actually having it in my hands, I can't say for sure. The company may have some more tests you can run if you are within calling distance.

markblue777

are there any bleeps when you plug the battery into you ESC? Are you able to see and ensure the gears are not stuck or that the pinon gear has not become loose from the motor. Is there any noise when you engage the throttle?

Cheers
Mark

Top Bottom