Scale rc aerodyne little bird

junior10

i just started my first scale build a 450 size md 500d little bird. the mechanics are a trex 450 pro, i'll be posting pics so you guys can help keep me on the right path. i do have 1 quick question, do i need to take the push rod guides off to put the mechanics into the fuse?

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure if you do or not. If you don't, then leave the linkage rod on as well. Try it first, and if it doesn't fit, take them off . But seeing as you can't get in there after it's put together, I would assume they will fit.

junior10

thanks tony, i did end up taking the guides off. finally got the mechanics into the fuse. i'm waiting on some longer machine screws so i can mount the tail rotor and fin. then i can check to see if the push rod needs some more attention. but here are some pics to show my progress.IMG_0662.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0665.jpgIMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that thing looks fantastic! It seems though that they could have made that standoff out of fiberglass instead of wood and saved some weight. Keep the pics coming and you know I want video when you do the maiden flight on this bird!

junior10

it has been very different then a pod and boom build(which i got help for that from u and the fellas here). i'll definitely video the maiden then i'll put the weapons pod on and re-maiden

junior10

all done:chickendance:, the only thing left is to get the cg right with the 2250mah bats that i use. after the maiden i'll put the weapons pods on. in the meantime here are a couple of pics.IMG_0668.jpgIMG_0671.jpgIMG_0673.jpgIMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

junior10

this weekend will be the big test. i hope everything goes well. i've had this trex for awhile now and its been a good flyer. i dont expect any problems but you never know.

holtneil

Hi Mate lovely heli , when I did my jet ranger I had to up the pitch on points 2/3/4/ the body will add a little weight but the 500 is a light body so you may be ok , Good luck with the test flight dont forget VIDEO is a must ( site rule lol) , if you want to hide the workings you can get a spray that tints the windows out

junior10

thanks everyone, i have been kicking around the idea of tinting the front windows but after everything checks out.

junior10

well here's the maiden, i little nervous but fun. the video is a little shaky, i used my son's go pro taped to my hat(first time using it). there was just a little vib at start up but not bad and it went away when i got some head speed. its feels a lot different then pod and boom but not i a bad way. i got lift at just above med stick and i'm using the same settings in my tx as before is put it in this fuse. i definitely need more space then my backyard provides. there's a big tree right where i want to fly. but all in all a good maiden, no crashes and it didn't fall apart in mid flight. https://youtu.be/GGWu3FVVQX0

Tony

Staff member
That thing looks fantastic in the air! Now if we can just black out the tail box, it would look even better! Congrats on the maiden.

holtneil

Hi Mate well done its really nice and flies well, Like Tony said some black paint on the tail, but that test flight was great , So what you building next LOL

junior10

thanks everyone, still a little touch up to do and then the weapons pod. but if this guy flies good in open space the next fuse might be a huey of some sort.:dunno:

Top Bottom