600 Rate Mode & Tail Center

Bruno

So I centered the pitch slider while in rate mode. Gives the tail blades about 5 degrees pitch.
In rate mode, On a smooth surface (no skid rubber) I spool up to just light on skids and she stays solid.

In HH take off is solid. I flip to rate mode/center rudder stick and the tail goes left about 10 degrees.

Is this the proper outcome for a well centered pitch slider?

pvolcko

Sounds reasonable. Switching while in flight will very likely kick a little bit but as long as it stabilizes and holds in rate mode without drifting you are good.

Derek

This has been a reoccurring issue in my mind. I'm glad that this issue was brought up again because I was going to post about it, too, lol.

So...just "trying" to fully understand this...the helicopter should be tested in Rate Mode. If the tail wonders, make an adjustment to the tail push rod or maybe sub trim. When the helicopter is hovering, and the tail is holding firm, it should be "good to go" in Heading Hold Mode. Then start hovering in Heading Hold Mode and while making rudder movements, if the tail doesn't bounce back or start wagging, it's all good. Is that about right? Or am I lost again?

Bruno

Sounds reasonable. Switching while in flight will very likely kick a little bit but as long as it stabilizes and holds in rate mode without drifting you are good.

OK. When I switched to rate mode during a hover I had a little (10 degree ) kick left and then the tail had a bit of a wag.
I had rate mode set to 35 percent. What should I do with rate mode setting to eliminate the wag (more or less)?

Tony

Staff member
You will lower the number. Let me explain that. Forget about + and -, just lower the number. If you are at -35% for Rate mode, you will go to -30%. Again, forget about the negative symbol and just lower the number.

However, with that said, you should NEVER fly in Rate mode. I only use it to center the tail on the ground BEFORE taking off.

Top Bottom