250 Random Question

Marshall

Hi, Now please bear in mind I am a noob, lol
I have a 250 dfc pro 3gx, am I right in thinking that with a standard set up this will be easier to fly for a beginner?
when I say standard, I mean switchout the 3gx system, put in my spare AR6210 with single sat, also use a GP750 or GP780?
then swap the FBL system for the paddle assembly (flybar)
or am I talking c...p?
Please be kind when you respond,lol all I am looking for is an easier bird to learn on, Seriously guys I wish I had gone for the 450 now :(
Any constructive responses will be appreciated...

Tony

Staff member
The 250 size helicopters are MUCH harder to fly than the 450+ counterparts. The only thing that is small and somewhat easy to fly is the mcpx and maybe the 130x that are in the CCPM heli club. 250's are just a handful no matter what you do with them. Taking off the 3GX and putting on a flybar is a BAD idea as you are getting rid of an active control system. the gyro will help you fly that twitchy bird WAY better than any flybar ever could. Flybarless will win over flybar anyday, as long as you can get the gyro set up correctly that is lol.

Marshall

Ok Tony, Just needed to hear it from someone who really knows thats all, I do have other heli's that I have played with, I was just too embarrassed to list them when I joined lol.
One that has been a constant source of fun is a (now don't laugh) Double Horse 9116, I have seriously upgraded it, I hace even purchased metal gear servo's from the US lol.
Back to sensible stuff now, I may actually buy a 450 (need to check the piggy bank first) I know its more layout but I just love this sport so much.
I have infact joined a local flying club, the great thing with that is they have indoor facilities during winter.
Thanks for the advice, Talk soon.

Ken Jackson

Marshall,

I have only been flying about 1 year and a few months. The 450 size is cool but I prefer the 500 because it is larger and for me easier to see. So you don't lose your tail orientation. Obviously the 600 and 700 are much larger but so is the price and the repair cost are not for me. I just converted my 500 to flybarless and later this spring I plan to build another 500. Just look at blade prices. The 450 is cheaper to fix and parts are plentiful. I'm rebuilding my 450 right now but I will probably sell it and get my new 500 sooner.

Just my opinion,
Ken

Ready For Spring 2013.jpg

Ready For Spring 2013.jpg

Marshall

Ok thanks for that Ken, I'll bear it in mind when I go shopping.
If I can stretch to it I'll definately take your advice, Thanks again,
Andy.

Lee

Out of all the helis i have had, the 250 was the hardest to fly, sorry to say Marshall. It took all my skills to just keep it in a hover. But it was Flybarred. I expect the 3GX version should be more stable. As for moving up to a bigger heli, go for it. The difference in stability is night and day.
If you can go 500, i would over 450. The repair costs are almost the same but the stability is far better. If 450 is what you go for, the Blade 450 3Ds are almost being given away now.It is a flybar but you could convert it later. Or the FBL version the 450X seems to be a winner.

Marshall

Out of all the helis i have had, the 250 was the hardest to fly, sorry to say Marshall. It took all my skills to just keep it in a hover. But it was Flybarred. I expect the 3GX version should be more stable. As for moving up to a bigger heli, go for it. The difference in stability is night and day.
If you can go 500, i would over 450. The repair costs are almost the same but the stability is far better. If 450 is what you go for, the Blade 450 3Ds are almost being given away now.It is a flybar but you could convert it later. Or the FBL version the 450X seems to be a winner.

Ok bro thats it, I've decided, My 250 DFC pro 3gx is officially up for sale, lol
Seriously tho, yep I'm gonna go for a 500 if I can if not a 450.
Thanks guys you have helped me make up my mind, I'm off now to make a cup of tea for the wife and see if there are any other chores she would like me to do, LMAO.

Lee

Keep your eyes open on the classifieds. Look for an Align 500 Supercombo. Can't go wrong with one of those.

wolfman76

I would go for the 500 if at all possible lil more for kit itself but if you set a 450 and a 500 next to each other the 500 is double the size and alot easier to work witheverything is pretty much doubled in size...
i have a blade 400 exi 450 and hk500gt so i am basing my opinion on the fact that i have all three helis sizes granted i am not an expert rc heli by no means i am pretty much a noob myself although i have been flying them (kinda) i have several crashes under my belt lol i am hoping to break this streak soon since i have put a lot of flight sim time in which is the most important practice practice practice never enough of that.... best of luck in your decision whatever it may be...

Derek

Dude...I bought the Trex 500 super combo. It came with every thing I needed to get it in the air, with the exception of the Rx and battery. If I remember right, I think the 500 was $60 more than the 450. I think my local hobby shop had it on sale that week, so maybe I just got lucky. I'm not sure what they are selling it for now, but I love my 500. I'm hoping to get better with it this year.

Good luck!!!

Top Bottom