450 Ran up the 450GT

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
You guys know I've been working on the heli recently. Today, I finally got a chance to use the digital caliper I bought a month or so ago. I checked all the lengths of the links and found them to be ugly off. I got it all back together and took it outside to run up the motor and see what it's like. I plugged it all up, the gyro beeped, ran the left stick up and ... nothing. No rotor movement. I was like !!! I took everything back inside thinking the battery might need recharging. Charged them up ... took it back outside ... plugged it all up ... no motor. Mind you the servos were running just fine ... not motor. Sat down with it in the driveway and started looking. Hmmmm, what could be wrong. Started switching switches on the Tx and Shazam! ... I've got motor! Only issue is unless I pull back all the way on the left stick, I get a minimal amount of motor running. I'm sure I just need to make some adjustments in the programming of the Tx. I figured since I have it running, I might as well spin it up and check it out. I tried this right after I built the thing (way back when) and had a ton of wobble. It all seemed to be out of balance. This time was totally different as it was as smooth or more smooth than the eRazor I first had (not that its that smooth, but hey, small victory). Other than it not wanting to shut down all the way, I'm only having one other issue with it, that being it wants to spin around on me. I have to give it a bunch of left stick to keep it steady. I'm thinking ... I'm thinking ... I don't really know what to do ... so that's the question. It's doing a great piro on the ground. I was almost able to get it up, but it's too hard keeping it steady to try and get it off the ground. I think I either need to shorten or lengthen the control rod going to the tail, but don't want to make that happen until I've got some ideas of you guys. I'm thinking I might also have the gyro on upside down, but don't know. I need to get some tail stability before I make that assessment.

Tony

Staff member
Check your gyro direction by moving the tail with your hand. When you pull the tail to the left, the slider should go to the right and vice versa. same with the stick. Left rudder slider should go to the right.

Tony

Staff member
If your gyro is backwards (this is where the test comes in) then you wil know by doing the test above. If it's not backwards, then you know you either need to move the servo up or down the boom or adjust the rod. Either way, the first step is doing the tests above.

Top Bottom