R.I.P 4 channel carbon heli

Extensa

Today has not been a good day, first I managed to short two batteries which broke them then I let a friend fly it in my back garden big mistake over the hedge into next doors garden, went looking for it can't find it anywhere, started getting dark so thought I'll look in the morning BIG mistake the heavens have just opened don't think it's going to survive a soaking. On the plus side I have jus ordered a T-Rex 100 as my practice heli and I get to use my dx6-i yay :)

murankar

Staff member
There is not much out there on the t-rex 100 in the ways of video. I also have not seen many reviews on it. Let us now how the heli flies.

Sorry about the loss of the 4 ch heli, good luck finding it.

Tony

Staff member
I think the 100 is a FP heli. Should be great for starting out though. Can't wait to see it!

murankar

Staff member
It is a fixed pitch. I believe its align's answer to the msr. From the videos I have seen it appears the msr might be better. One advantage of the trex 100 is the ability to fly with a smart phone and that's it. Can't wait to here about it. For $99 you can't go wrong.

Lee

I didn't know you could bind the DX6I to the Trex100? You can however use an Iphone or Android to control it :)

murankar

Staff member
The $109 version comes with a module for it or you can buy it extra. It may only be iphone , its been a few months since I looked at. I was considering it at one point.

Extensa

It was the cheapest well made heli I could find all msr heli's were £30 more it can be binded with any 2.4ghz transmitter including the spektrum transmitters :) I will keep u posted on how it fly as I should get it tomoz :)

murankar

Staff member
Just the opposite. I hope its a great model to fly. Like I stated earlier there is not much out on this heli. With this hobby we need all the luck we can get.

Extensa

I received the T-Rex 100s yesterday it is all very well made everything seemed fine in till the flight all it keep doing is spinning around even with the trims adjusted to the max so I phoned up the store and they said its a known fault with the s which has been corrected in the x version so full refund and will jus stick to the sim and my Trex 450 sport :) hope this helps the people who wanted to know what this helicopter is like

Tony

Staff member
Thats some good info there. This is about the only time I will tell someone to stay away from align. I think the mcpx is a much better heli than the Align 100. I know I love my mcpx even though I don't get to fly it. Oh, and because it's no where even near stock anymore lol.

Top Bottom