Quad QX95 help

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone. I've haven't had any luck with my EX110 so I decided to take a break from the EX110 and went back to my QX95. I haven't done much since the crash and seen smoke coming out of it. I decided to give it a try and bind the 95 over again. I have no problem binding and everything works fine til I get ready to take off. When I arm the 95 and give it some throttle the quad automatically spins up to full speed. No throttle control. I have my endpoint at -140. The only way to shut it off is to disarm the quad. Any ideas on this situation I created. I'm not having any luck with these two quads I've purchased. I'm just about to say enough on the quads and spend my time on my helis instead. I'm going to get one more QX95 when it comes back in stock and give it the old college try one more time. If I don't have good success this time... that's it for me on quads. I rather spend my time and money on the helis instead. I have better luck with them.

Admiral

Sounds to me like the FC, I had the same problem with a Naze32 which I've just binned, would arm OK but immediately go to full throttle the moment you gave any throttle. It had been involved in a serious gravity over ability event prior to going bad.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sounds to me like the FC, I had the same problem with a Naze32 which I've just binned, would arm OK but immediately go to full throttle the moment you gave any throttle. It had been involved in a serious gravity over ability event prior to going bad.

Thank you Admiral. So pretty much I can right this quad off as a spare parts quad and get another QX95 then.

EyeStation

Hey D.O.G. After having mine hit the floor upside down, I have had to flip the arm switch on my TX to get it back online. What I have noticed is that the video TX antenna actually makes contact with the flight control board during this impact. If you had a hard crash and your antenna maintained contact with the FC board, It probably is fried. I would suggest a replacement FC and not scrapping the quad.
I am now thinking of either a patch of duct tape over the FC, or a balloon cover for the antenna. I can see these lasting for some time if that problem is eliminated.

I have burned through more batteries FPV flying this and the QX80 in the past few days, than I have ever gotten FPV flight time in my other quads. I also can't wait to take it outside, or at least a bigger environment than the kitchen,<->TV room circuit. I have so far a record of 4 complete circuits before a control error. Getting about a couple dozen laps on a battery and a 5 minute timer.
I have managed to control both of them through the kitchen, into a hallway with a 90° left and 3 feet after a 90° right and into my back bedroom without signal loss. I have yet to be able to turn back around successfully in that room to make the return trip back.
I have found that I can input my Video RX into my Dell desktop monitor, allowing me to FPV these babies in the same environment and comfort as when I fly on the Phoenix SIM.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey EyeStation. I won't be scrapping the quad anytime soon. I'll get another one. This one will work fine for spare parts like the motors "Tony mention they will burn out quick" the camera works fine and blades will all be back up parts. My helis have spare parts, why not the quads. I'm going to buy one more QX95 and give this FPV quad flying one more chance. When It's doesn't become fun anymore to me, it's time to spend my money and time on my helis. They are still the choice for me for the time being. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom