Quad QX90C has arrived today :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My Qx 90C has arrived this afternoon :). I had the EX110 but returned it because it wouldn't bind for me. Instead of getting store credit, I got my self the QX 90C instead :yahoo:. I've also ordered a TBS Xracer that should arrive at the end of the month :biggrin1:. So far the 90 hovers and flys well inside. I cant wait to try it out side tomorrow. It will be the first time to use my FPV goggles since I got them before Christmas :( I would really like to try the goggles inside the house with the 90 but with my luck, I'll end up destroying something :emobag:. I'll just wait for the morning to fly in the great outdoors.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I just finished flying the QX90c with the FPV goggles for the first time :wavey:. All I can say it's WOW! It's just too cool. Now I know why FPV is taking off like wildfire. I'm charging batteries as I type for round 2 :beerchug:. I can't wait til the TBS Xracer comes in. I have to admit, I do like this thing call FPV but my helis still rule in my world Lol. FPV flying is second

Stambo

My 8 year old started a few weeks ago and the first thing he said to me when he took off the goggles was "now I know why you like this so much". :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It is a lot of fun, that is for sure. Now, we just need some video lol. ,

Hey Tony. Can you show me what I need to do in order to transfer what I'm seeing to video? I'm not sure how to go about it :eek1:

Tony

Staff member
Your going to need some kind of adapter (usually RCA > USB) then, if you just run a cable from your output on your goggles into that converter. You will need a computer for this.

Then there are the little DVR's that you can purchase (FPVDVR is one of them that i have been looking at) that you can use as a stand alone recorder. These are popular with the larger goggles.

Stambo

For recording, resist the urge to buy a "cheap" DVR, the video you get off it will be next to unusable.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your going to need some kind of adapter (usually RCA > USB) then, if you just run a cable from your output on your goggles into that converter. You will need a computer for this.

Then there are the little DVR's that you can purchase (FPVDVR is one of them that i have been looking at) that you can use as a stand alone recorder. These are popular with the larger goggles.

Thanks Tony. There lies the problem... I need new goggles then. Mine doesn't have any out put :waa: I have the Eachine 007 goggles. They were cheap. I pick them up for $43.00. I can't complain for starter goggles I guess. Eventually I'm going to upgrade my goggles. Til then, the 007 will work.

- - - Updated - - -

For recording, resist the urge to buy a "cheap" DVR, the video you get off it will be next to unusable.

I do have a Toshiba DVD recorder that I use to record stuff on tv. That should work. I still have to invest in a decent goggles.

EyeStation

Could one of those little Raspberry Pi computers be set up as a DVR? They seem powerful and fast enough, and low voltage for input power. Maybe just have to dedicate one USB port to A/V. And a huge expansion for memory support.

Tony

Staff member
You don't need to get new goggles. All you need is a VRX. It will come with cables and all you need to do is record it onto something that has RCA input and you are golden. And you can get VRX's just about anywhere for cheap. Just make sure it has a good antenna. I like the Aomway, they are cheap but quite good.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You don't need to get new goggles. All you need is a VRX. It will come with cables and all you need to do is record it onto something that has RCA input and you are golden. And you can get VRX's just about anywhere for cheap. Just make sure it has a good antenna. I like the Aomway, they are cheap but quite good.

Thanks again Tony. I do have the Aomway antenna on the goggles. Would I need something like this, I guess FPV Wireless AV Mini 5.8GHz 32ch Receiver - ER32

Another question, the QX 90c has 55m props. I do have 65mm props for it and they don't hit even with the camera. If I go with the bigger props, what's are the pro and cons if any?

Tony

Staff member
That looks like a VTX with its size. But yes, that is all you need, plus a recording device or adapter.

As for bigger props, if they fit, you can get a little more speed but less flight time and it will reduce the motor life slightly.

Top Bottom