Other Qx90 Won't Bind

bigone5500

I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but this QX90 I got from @D.O.G. will not bind to my DX6e. I have followed directions I have seen in videos and cannot help but think I have left out a step somewhere. He did tell me that he couldn't get it to bind. I was able to connect it to my computer and update the firmware on it to 2.2.0-RC1. I am able to connect to the board and see the image of the quad moving around as I tilt the board so I know the gyro works and communication is good to the PC via USB. I go into the CLI and type 'set spektrum_sat_bind=9' for DSMX binding then type save and it reboots. I have followed these directions closely and have failed.

Is there a trick to this?

Bind manual:
https://img.banggood.com/file/produ...tible receiver for QX90 QX90C QX95 manual.pdf

Smoggie

I have no experience of the QX90 or of cleanflight, and I generally make a habit of avoiding opensource software because (in my admittedly limited experience) it's almost always difficult, buggy and frustrating to use..

With that said:
  • Does the receiver LED start flashing to indicate that it's gone into bind mode? If not then most likely you havent followed the programming steps correctly.
  • If the LED does flash then when powering up the Tx in bind mode dont hold it too close to the receiver, keep it at least an arm's span away.

bigone5500

There is a red and blue led. When I connect the battery or usb cable, it does the same thing which is the red led comes on solid and the blue one flashes once per second. That's all it does no matter what. There are two pads on the board which when shorted, the board goes into boot mode or DFU as indicated in the CF software. You can then flash the firmware at that point. Once flashed, a power cycle or reboot will make it go back to normal mode.

Tony

Staff member
Have you watched my video on the 95? It should be the same for the 90 as well. On this quad, there is no reason to use CLI to put it into bind mode. Below is the video on the 95, and if it doesn't automatically start at 7:00, then start it there. That is where I bind it up. But from your last post, I'm thinking you may have a different board than I have.

Smoggie

The instructions you link to in your first post say that when bind mode is activated the orange LED will blink quickly. So it appears that you arent getting the unit to enter bind mode. Like I said, I've always found open source firmware to be like a science project. It's written by computer geeks for computer geeks. Most likely one of the stages of setting up the unit for DSMX mode and/or activating bind mode was done incorrectly, or there is some other 'feature' of the software that needs configuring or tweaking or working around.

Personally i'd probably just go buy a propitiatory flight controller with more user friendly software. Sure it is probably far more expensive but what cost do you attach to your own time and wellbeing?

Tony

Staff member
Is there any way you can post a picture of the Rx you have on that board? As well as how it is wired into the board?

Tony

Staff member
I guess they came out with that one after I received mine. I have a separate Rx on mine. And all I have to do is plug in the battery without the Tx on and it will automatically go into bind.

Have you tried going back to 1.13? Not sure if it will help, but if it does, it will save you from having to purchase another board... You will need the older version of cleanflight to do this though. Not sure what version this board came out with when it was new.

Tony

Staff member
That is because you are running the 2.x.x version of cleanflight in chrome. Here is the old file. Just unzip it and use chrome to install it. I'm running this on my computer and it works fine. You will have two different version of cleanflight, so it would be a good idea to rename it so you know this one is older. But this will allow you to install older versions of the software because some if not all of the older boards will not work with 2.x.x.

Attachments

• Cleanflight_Configurator_1_2_4.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 3

Tony

Staff member
Let me know if you need help installing it. Basically, click on the 3 dots, hover over More Tools and click Extensions. Check the Developer box and click Load Unpacked Extension and select the file. Just in case you didn't know how to do it.

bigone5500

It tells me that the manifest file is missing.

Nevermind. I searched for it on google and found it. I'll try it and see what happens.

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about that, I uploaded the wrong file, here is the correct one.

Attachments

• Cleanflight_Configurator_1_2_4.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 5

Tony

Staff member
I'm guessing that is in fact a 2.x.x board. The only thing I can think of now is to get a new board. The Rx in that one may be burnt out.

Top Bottom