1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Qx Aluminum Alloy Multifunctional Soldering Station Sucks

Discussion in 'General Tool Chat' started by Tony, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I did a review on the Qx 'Aluminum' soldering station, and I was not impressed with it then. I have been using it (mainly to save my desk lol) for different projects, the latest being the XT60 to EC5 adapter. I decided I would take some pictures of the block which is definitely NOT aluminum!

The other thing about this is it is PAINTED! And paint melts when you are getting things up to about 350C, where I solder most things. I end up having to use some scotch brite or my xacto knife to get the paint off of it.

The link below is for the soldering station. I do not suggest it in any way but wanted to include the link so you can see what I'm referring to.

QX Aluminum Alloy Multifunctional Soldering Station XT60 XT90 T Banana Plug

IMG_6587.JPG
    IMG_6588.JPG
    IMG_6589.JPG

2. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Certified Aircraft Welder
  3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

They do actually sell one that is aluminum, but it is about 4x the price (I think, been a while lol). This one was sent to me as a "must review item". So, I'm reviewing it almost every time I use it and my review is not doing them any good lmao. The plastic under the paint is actually not that bad. It is high temp and stands up to the heat produced from soldering. The chip you see was caused by me, but the holes should be radiused anyway.

4. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

I picked one up a couple of months back from BG which is just the same, advertised as aluminium but in reality painted plastic. Very disappointing.