450 Question on wether to do DIR

pit_helis

Hi everyone. I just flew my trex 450 the other day and made some ball link adjustments, a few-probably 2 full turns to make sure it's ZEROed(though still NOT exactly) on the swash up to main blade grips link. My question is, do I have to do the DIR set up again? And if I do, do I need to reset my DX8 radio too?

Thank you in advance.
pit

murankar

Staff member
If all you d is twist the links you should not have to. You should only need dir if your doing sub-trim. As for resetting the dx8 you shouldn't have to either.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pit_helis

If all you d is twist the links you should not have to. You should only need dir if your doing sub-trim. As for resetting the dx8 you shouldn't have to either.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Yes thats all that I did..

Thank you very much murankar, I just want to make sure. At least I am not going to be nervous thinking what I did was wrong.....

pit

Tony

Staff member
As stated, the only time you will need to do DIR setup is when you are making changes to the Tx settings, or checking pitch. And even then, you only need to go into DIR mode to bypass the gyro, and do not need to fully go through the whole setup again. Turning links and such, the gyro has no idea you are even doing it and is not affected.

pit_helis

As stated, the only time you will need to do DIR setup is when you are making changes to the Tx settings, or checking pitch. And even then, you only need to go into DIR mode to bypass the gyro, and do not need to fully go through the whole setup again. Turning links and such, the gyro has no idea you are even doing it and is not affected.

Thanks sir tony. Thats very clear, I understand it a little bit more, inch by inch.:lol:

Tony

Staff member
You will have a firm grasp of it after you do it a few times. Just let us know when you need help.

Top Bottom