Flight Controllers Question on KK2.1.5 Board

Hey all
Was looking over things and researching setup and such and then I noticed something.
Typically in my research I found that everyone plugs their motors into slot 1 thru 4 (quad copter)
In most everything I see slot one is at the top right hand set of pins on the board....
Now then I just so happen to flip the board over and see the number sequence is just the opposite...
What's up with that?
See Pics below....

KK2.1.5 top.jpg

KK2.1.5 bottom.jpg

KK2.1.5 top.jpg

KK2.1.5 bottom.jpg

Stambo
Do you have any pics of the boards prior to installing them so I can do a reference?
I purchased the board from Multi Rotor Mania and just sent them an email on this.
Do we know who makes this board?
I did a Google search on images and I see several varieties and most all have a green
board not a blue one.....

Stambo

Yeah mine are all green.
I would suggest hooking it up like all the tutorials suggest and ignore the numbers.
Then make sure you do a hand held test (carefully) before the maiden.
If it is wrong and they should be hooked 1 through 4 as printed on the board I think nothing will work.
Make sure you only hook one ESC bec wire to the KK2.

There are plenty of pictures out there of these but I can take one when I get home from work and post it if you like.

Although with the availability of cheap 32 bit boards nowadays I think the 8 bit KK2 is now past it's use by date.
You can buy a Naze32 or CC3d board now for around $30 and they are far superior.
As I said I have 4 KK2s but they are no longer used as I am now flying Naze32.
I may end up using one as a fixed wing flight stabilizer.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/rockcrawlerpics/KK20layout.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I just wanted something to get started that for a newb like me would be some what easy :)
I will await MRM's reply as well.
I also sent a PM to Steveis since he is the KK2 guy on the forums to get some feedback from him as well.
ANother thing that was odd is that I ordered a case from a guy that was designed for the KK2.1 board.
All of the pics show the same board (different color) that I have however when receiving the case the cover
would not fit correctly at all.
Most all of the slots and holes had to be Dremeled out in order to use it.
Now unless there was a design change between 2.1 and 2.1.5, either his laser setup to cut the covers is off
of there is something not right with the board in general.
Thanks Stam

Stambo

What type of build are you using this on, strongly recommend you don't mount it solid.
Use some foam tape of some kind, they really hate vibrations.
I never put mine in a case, didn't see the need for the extra weight, especially on the smaller builds.

Its a 250 I purchased from MRM.
I am going to place it on the foam lid that was supplied with the board
and secure it with foam tape.
The only concern I had overall with the KK2 series is the LCD screen.
In most all cases the screen is loose and my thought was to place it in a case
to at least support the LCD in a crash.
In the case I have it does just that. The board is prevented from moving around
and the foam (in my thinking) should give it some cushion to help prevent
the issues I see from other threads about the vibrations causing problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the thread I started on the build.
I need to post some pics but have been procrastinating :)

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php?13913-Quad-Build

Oops

Top Bottom