General Question on compatible satellite receiver for Futaba T8

nsidio

Hi guys. I am very new to RC flying. I have been flying my Honey Bee 2 for a few weeks now and I got the bug big time. I have a Futaba T8 with the R7008SB receiver. After watching the 3GX setup vids it was mentioned i should get a second satellite receiver. For the life of me I cannot figure out from the futaba website which one I should get. I am assuming there should be another 8 ch receiver without all the servo ports, but I dont' see that. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Dirk

Hi nsidio,

I am not sure whether there is a satellite receiver available for the Futaba. I think it is mainly Spektrum and JR that makes use of sats.

RandyDSok

JR and Spectrum uses satellite receivers to provide diversity to help with reception. Futaba uses dual antenna's to provide similar results so they don't require a satellite.

Diversity is a method to provide more than one reception source so if one antenna can't get a signal... the other one can.

murankar

Staff member
I have herd of people using a 3 channel sbus rx instead of a full 6 channel rx. I guess the cost is cheaper that way and the end result is still the same.

nsidio

Thanks guys. I feel a little better now. I will look into the 3ch rx as an option, but sounds like I got a good setup for now.

murankar

Staff member
Just make sure you can use sbus. Other than that just research how to use sbus.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom