General question/concern

Sparse

OK here is whats going on, in the videos it is said you have to do the governor on the 3gx regardless of the heli being nitro or not. OK that's fine, A buddy of mine at my lhs has been flying for about 10 yrs and told me no governor set up has to be done. 3.1 is the version were talking about. anyway my esc had to be programmed when I got my heli. but when I did the 3gx governor set-up my esc completely reset to the way it was when i first got it. anybody no why this happened ? do I have to do the governor set-up than program the esc ? or not do the governor set-up at all. this stuff is so frustrating. what ever happened to simplicity. Im asking this cause i am going to the lhs to get my digital pitch gauge that finally came in and Im gonna try to get a bit of help while I'm there but i also need to have answers to my question. if I feel I'm getting the wrong answers from them.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you MUST do the governor setup, or throttle end points so that the 3GX knows where the high and low throttle are located. Below is a screen shot of the 3GX software where it states that. If it changed the calibration of the ESC, then all you have to do is recalibrate it. Turn the Tx on and raise throttle all the way up. Then plug in the heli. Listen for the first couple of beeps, then lower the throttle all the way. That's it. Hope this helps.

3GX Gov Page.jpg

3GX Gov Page.jpg

Top Bottom