Goggles Quantum Pro V2 FPV Goggles Unboxing & Build

Tony

Staff member
I have had enough of not being in FPV! So I ordered the cheapest goggles that I possibly could, and that is the Quantum V2 Pro goggles. At $36 you can't beat it. Unfortunately, at the time of the order they were out here in the states and I had to order it from china where shipping was over $25!!! I should have waited because 4 days later, they were in stock one state over from me... Go figure.

So the FPV Series begins with the Goggles!!! VRX and VTX are on their way to me. More to come very soon.

Make sure to give this video a thumbs up if you want to see more FPV videos!

Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro Unboxing & Build - YouTube

Derek

I have say, Tony, I'm quite surprised that you made an HK purchase, lol. However, I have heard a lot of good things about these new goggles. I sure hope you find them comfy and functional.

Tony

Staff member
Trust me, I was just as surprised as you are lmao. But the reviews on this thing (V2 Pro) are spectacular and I figured I could not go wrong. And with the price, I had to take the chance.

There are some issues though. First is, I'm far sighted and people like me have a very hard time seeing anything up close. The lenses they provide are not powerful enough (the numbers on the lenses are wrong, adn with thinking about it, they are not what I said in the video either) for me to completely and comfortably look at the screen for a full 5 minutes. But I have some ideas to fix this that will be in an upcoming video.

I think there is going to be 3 move videos on this set of goggles as it stands right now. This was just the first. I think after some tweaking, these will be great. We will find out anyway lol.

Derek

That's really fantastic! And you're right, the reviews and chats are very positive about this setup. I hope you can get it to work with your vision.

Stambo

I have a friend with these an he put the screen on the outside of the housing.
He also wears his glasses inside them and is very happy with them.

Tony

Staff member
I think that is what I'm going to have to do. I tested them with the screen on the outside with both of the most powerful lenses and it was almost where I needed it. I'm thinking about just installing another lens inside to magnify it even more and if that works, I won't have to wear my glasses. But if it doesn't, then the glasses will have to come out.

And I have to say, the resolution of the screen is actually pretty good for as cheap as it is.

trainrider06

those are some big honkin googles, but looks like they'd be just the thing starting out with for me whenever I can get around to building my own quad....I was hesitant on getting one just for the fact that the googles are so expensive....this might be the ticket!

Tony

Staff member
As for fit and actually looking in them, they are not bad at all. I will be doing more videos on them to try and show a little more of what they are like. Just waiting on my new VRX from Craig and my VTX from this other company. Need to try and find some good antennas as well. Might even get an antenna tracker, you never know lol.

Admiral

Hi Tony, I'm running my Quanum V2 Goggles with the screen taped to the outside of the housing to given them some extra focal length and two lens in the the housing gives a reasonable result.

However they have just released the Quanum Cyclops Goggles which look a lot better, they have the Rx built in and a plastic case, they are a lot slimmer and look a bit longer, should be worth a look as they are not much dearer than the V2 and they have the Rx built in.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__104149__Quanum_Cyclops_FPV_Goggle_w_integrated_Monitor_and_Receiver.html

Tony

Staff member
It comes with a 9v battery connector lmao. Only for testing lol.

I have been looking at those and yes, without the Pro's being on sale, these are quite comparable to the ones I have. I may have to give them a shot. I have tried putting all 3 lenses in mine with the screen on the outside and I still need about another inch of length to get the focus right. Once I hit 30, my eyes went to crap up close. But I'm not giving up on them. Just don't like the bent screen now with all of those lenses.

And the included Rx in those even has race bands, that's a bonus!

Top Bottom