1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Quad Quad Drift

Discussion in 'Multi-Rotor' started by Michael Scott, Oct 30, 2018.

< Dx6i Settings For Kk2.1.5 On A F550 Hexacopter. | Naza Lite Gps Problem >
  1. Michael Scott

Michael Scott New Member

Blog Posts:
    retired Army
    I just built my first Quad and am trying to figure out how to get the drift out of it. When I try to hover in one spot my quad likes to drift to the right, have tried to fine tune on the transmitter but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Am kind of thinking I may have to play with the PID but don't know what to start with, PITCH or YAW am thinking YAW but do I add or subtract the numbers? I have tried to watch u-tube and read up on PID but I just keep confusing my self, can anyone help in simple terms that I can understand?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    PID won't really do anything for drift unless it is what I call a "lazy drift". It will drift in more than one axis in this instance. What you have is a Roll drift which is likely caused by the gyros not being calibrated correctly. Set the quad on a perfectly level surface and calibrate it to level. Take it out to fly and if it still does it, put some small shims under the side it is drifting towards and calibrate again. By doing this, you are telling the gyro where level is and this should get the drift out. I do apologize for the delay in replying, it was a crazy week last week at work. Hope this helps.

3. Stambo

Stambo Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I know this is a bit late but you can use stick commands to trim the craft if it is using cleanflight or betaflight.
    Trying to use trim in the transmitter is an absolute no, trims should be at zero. Double check in the configurator.

Assuming mode 2 here (Left stick throttle and yaw) and self level active.
    1. Disarm
    2. Left stick full throttle
    3. Right stick, hold in the direction of required correction. Ie it's drifting right, hold it left. The longer you hold it, the more correction is applied. You will get beeps and board LED flashes.
    4. Fly, test, and repeat until you are happy.
    A home built quad will rarely hover in one spot without operator input but you can get it close.
    Learn to fly acro as soon as possible, self level modes (horizon and angle) inhibit smooth flight and learning.

< Dx6i Settings For Kk2.1.5 On A F550 Hexacopter. | Naza Lite Gps Problem >