Videos QAV500 View of Africa

Lee

Had my second flight yesterday. Gains are still a little high, so theres a little twitchiness to the video but i'm happy with my first real video from the quad. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
Excellent. Great topic to shoot. Its been since '96 since I last been in those waters. If that's near the straights. I miss being there. Once you fpv you should fly to Africa and back. That would be cool.

Lee

Hi Guys,
I finally after four nights of trying and getting it aborted every time, got the full HD version up. I have replaced the old one in the #1 post with the HD.
I hope to have the quad running smoothly for the next video and improve on my video skills.
Hope you enjoy it.
Lee

Lee

As requested by Someguyinsandy, here are the coordinates for where i flew.
36° 0'45.89"N
5°35'28.64"W

Keith

It's all coming together great Lee, well done...

If you go straight across and turn left when you hit North Africa (Libya) and travel a few hundred miles you will come to a place called Timimi. That was my home for six months until Kadafi took power and kicked us out...!

Lee

How far across the strait is Africa? Maybe an FPV flight over there :yikes:

Frank, it would be possible, just not with this quad. A Spanish guy has just broken the FPV record. 100km Out and return with a glider. He used 50 seconds of power to get some height, then thermalled the rest of the flight.
[video=vimeo;43074193]http://vimeo.com/43074193[/video]

Lee

Not a clue mate. My tree knowledge stops at oak, chestnut and birch :D

- - - Updated - - -

Not a clue mate. My tree knowledge stops at oak, chestnut and birch :D

Top Bottom