Quad QAV500 FPV Quad

Lee

Just ordered one of these bad boys. Release date is sometime next week, but theres a lot of peeps waiting for one. I got the FM4008 motors recommended for this quad. ESC's are not ordered yet but i want to get some flashed ones to give better throttle response.
QAV500.jpg

Last edited:

Tasajara

Looks nice....If I didn't already have so many Multirotors I would be temped to get one too.

Lee

No, It was shipped from NY and is now sitting in Spanish customs, probably with some guys wondering what the hell it is, and how much money they can tax me for it LOL :D

Tasajara

I hope you have better luck than I did. Ordered something from china it got the new york may 25th. I have yet to see that order. Guess it is
time to check with pay pal and see if I can get my money back

Lee

The postman came today when i was out. The only thing i'm waiting for is my quad so tomorrow i hope to pick up.

EDIT:
It wasn't the quad. It was my replacement charger. Still waiting.

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Did you get it yet Lee. I'm close to making my mind up on witch quad to get. I'm still leaning towards the FPVPilot quad. only cause it come compleet has A kit. It's on sale now for $445.98. hear is the link. tell me what you think.

6061 Multicopters

Looking into the QAV500 I'd have to buy all the components to build it. Your looking at over $500.00 just for the motors and frame! Maybe down the road if the QAV500 proves A better quad. Anyway thats my thinking for now! LOL

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes i have the quad now. Just waiting for the escs to arrive.
That quad you linked is a rip off. I could build that for $150.
This is a far better one to buy and it come RTF with Spectrum RX.
HT-450 Quad RTF with Quadrino Advanced - quads
And the QAV with Motors is only $390 not $500

I looked up the motors that they sugest. last night. $79.00 A piece. $189.00 for the frame thats $505.00. Unless you found the motors for less somewhere. Thats for the Tigar Motor MT-4006. I would go with it If I can put it together for $500.00

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Doing more looking at the QAV500 sight and found everything. So if I go with the FM4008's and the rest of the electronics from them i'll have $449.88 in it. Thats the turnigy ESCs, The KK bord and the USB Loader. I did not see any Props on there sight anywhere. The only thing is that they are out of the frames and motors. I could conceevably order eveything next week.

I wonder when they will get restocked. I put myself on the wait list!

Lee

For props i have the APC 10x4.5. The more expensive choice are the graupners.
I just saw a message from Tim that he will put some in the stock today, so keep checking.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool I just looked. He has two listed of that size A SF and A SFP witch one? The SFP is A pusher prop.

Also, Is the KK board also the RX?

Last edited:
Top Bottom