Quad Qaud like TBS

WyDiablo

Yea, that's what I like the price and also how a gimble and gopro mounts to the frame. Looks better than the TBS as for as that part goes.

Tony

Staff member
I'm kinda partial of the PCB and being able to just solder wires directly to the quad instead of having wires running all over the place. And, the TBS has the OSD board that is already wired into the PCB, all you have to do is buy the chip and shield. but yes, if you are wanting updated equipment other than what they offer, this is a smokin deal. It's almost low enough for me to buy one lmao. almost...

Stambo

I have this one.
A little dearer but free shipping and it has a PCB.
I run close to 10 minutes on a Zippy compact 4s 5000.

Link edited, try now. :)

Last edited:

wolfman76

having actually had a tbs discovery quad trust me you get what you pay for i am sure tony would agree with me on that one... but still can't beat that price if you are on a budget but also like tony said there would be allot of wires everywhere if i get another pricy quad it will definitely be one of these Team BlackSheep Online Store - Premium FPV components and solutions and if you spend 42 on the spider quad it is only half the price of a basic tbs quad which is 74.99 plus the new tbs discovery pro gimbal quad looks rocks solid but that is just my opinion...

WyDiablo

Well the frame is only $28.00 bucks and all I will need to buy extra is a PCB for power $1.99 and that is still less than half the price of the TBS frame. I like the TBS but I"m just wanting to try something a little different. And if I like the new frame I just might dump the TBS all together.

WyDiablo

I have been looking and thinking about that frame ever since I saw it on the website. To be honest and just my opinion I think it will be better than the TBS except for the way the TBS is wired. I will make a build of the frame and take a video of the test flight.

Tony

Staff member
I will be quite interested in this. Maybe, just maybe, this will push me over the edge to finally get into quads lmao. I really should get into them. Get some goggles on a 900Mhz system, sit on the roof of my house and fly for miles. Yeah, I'm dreaming lmao.

WyDiablo

Well every man needs to have a few dreams. As my wife tells me as old as your are "Dreams and memories" are all ya have left lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lee

I'll be interested in your findings.
The arms are the main draw back on these cheap frames. Very soft and flexible.
Not having the PCB will increase the complexity of your wiring and weight of the quad.
For a basher quad that you don't care about, i'm sure it will do the job, but personally,
I would spend the extra $ on the TBS and get a high quality frame and legs that you can upgrade as you feel like.

WyDiablo

I talked to a couple of guys at the field and showed them the rctimer frame and the replied that they both had owned one not long ago. I was told that in a normal (If there is one) crash that would probably only break a props on the TBS it would crack or break the frame. Both guys have had bad experiences with that frame and as I heard never want another one. They also informed me that the frame will twist in flight with the Tiger motors that I was going to use with the frame. Oh well it was a good thought.

Top Bottom