450 Purpose of D/R's

DAL2855

Banned
I am curious to know what the difference between flying in normal mode and flipping the switches to D/R's are? I have never attempted flight in the D/R modes and was reading another post about these and wondered what the major difference is? Does it just make the bird alot more sensitive to stick control or what does it do exactly?

DAL2855

Banned
Thanks alot coolgabsi! That does explain it really well, it is definitely something I need to get setup on my radio for the 450! That will help tame it down a little bit! I thought the DR's changed the travel rate of the servos or something like that. Which in a way it does, just not the way I thought it does!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Be careful with it on a FBL system. I dont recommend adding a ton of D/R on a FBL system..

Expo is going to make it less sensitive around the center of the stick .. I use that in my helis

use d/r if the throw is waayy too much .. meaning: your tail for example pirouettes WAYY too fast.. then may be a little D/r is ok.. People tell you to add D/R to the radio while learning. I NEVER used D/R. I use expo. I like my brain and fingers to learn what the limits are and how much input i need to make the heli go.. not learn that to flip it I got to JAM my sticks one way or the other, and then take the D/R away (100%) and realize.. Oooooooo.... thats too much for me.. or worse yet.. cause a crash

DAL2855

Banned
Right now I'm flying a FB heli so the D/R's would probably help me in learning to fly! Won't be flying FBL until I get my Align 450GT Pro after the 6th of June!

Lee

I'm the same as Gabsi. I have never used any DR on any of my helis, but i always use Expo.

Top Bottom