600 Purchasing Electronics

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
At the end of the month I'll be receiving my TSA 600E Pro. Little by little I'm purchasing electronics. I just received this today IMG_2966.JPGAr7200BX. I'm going to put that FBL unit on my 500 and take the AR7300BX that's on the 500 is going on the 600. Next I'll purchases KST servos then when I figure out what motor I'm getting , I'll get the proper size ESC. Looks like I'm getting the Hobbywing esc. It will take some time to get all the electronics together but the FBL units it's a start :).

Geena

Staff member
Awesome! I can`t wait to see some flight videos. Ya can`t go wrong with the Hobbywing ESCs. I flew them on my TSAs for quite a while. If you`re sport flying and scale flying, you can get away with the HW 130A ESC. But if you are doing hard 3D, I suggest the 160. Even though the 130A would be able to handle hard flying with a 600, it`s best to have some headroom.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Geena thanks. Looks like I'm leaning toward the HW130. No hard 3d here. I can get the HW 130a for $144.00. That's the cheapest I can find it for. I'll be scared enough just to fly her and not crash Lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Opps I had the wrong price. I can get the HW130a for $ 270.00 that was the 120a for $144.00. My bad :(

Admiral

Next I'll purchases KST servos then when I figure out what motor I'm getting

I have lost a bit of faith in KST servos especially the DS215MG I put four into. My 500, initially I was wrapped in them, after about 6 months I had a failure of the aileron servo while in a hover at about 20’ heli rolled into the ground causing considerable damage, replace that servo with the tail servo then put an Align the tail, couple of weeks later when taking off the heli stared to vibrate like hell, shut it down, turned out the pitch servo had failed, Both servos had burn marks on main IC, I have since gone to Savox. The smaller KSTs I have on my Chase 360 are still going great after nearly 12 months so it may only be the DS215s.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Admiral. It's kinda of a hit or miss on electronics i guess. I had Align servos and I didn't have good luck with them but other like them. Same goes for Castle esc. I didn't have good luck with castle but other do. I'm a HobbyWing esc kind of guy now Lol. I have the KST servos in the 450 scale heli, Guai X3 and my 500 and so far I haven't had any problems with them. It's been a good year or so I've been using them. I'm still looking around but If I do consider Savox servos, what would be a good choice for the TSA 600?

jacobcreek

I have lost a bit of faith in KST servos especially the DS215MG I put four into. My 500, initially I was wrapped in them, after about 6 months I had a failure of the aileron servo while in a hover at about 20’ heli rolled into the ground causing considerable damage, replace that servo with the tail servo then put an Align the tail, couple of weeks later when taking off the heli stared to vibrate like hell, shut it down, turned out the pitch servo had failed, Both servos had burn marks on main IC, I have since gone to Savox. The smaller KSTs I have on my Chase 360 are still going great after nearly 12 months so it may only be the DS215s.

The KST 215MG is for a 450 size heli or smaller. I wouldn't put a micro servo on a 500. You want a mini servo IIRC. That's your problem there, those servos would of been working really hard.

jacobcreek

The biggest KST Servo I have is the mini KST 515mg servo, it's been really good on my 450 tail. I know it's more for a 500 size, so D.O.G go for something bigger and faster for that 600.

Admiral

Correction to my post, I’m away at the moment so working from memory. Your right I meant the DS515, the DS215 is what I have on the Chase 360 and they are going great. The first DS515 failed running at 7.4 volts then I dropped the voltage to 6 volts to accomodate the new Align tail servo and the second one failed after about 6 flights.

Top Bottom