Purchased Two New Cars

Tony

Staff member
Well, I just did something that I said I would never do, but had to do. As you know, my life has changed quite drastically and I/we must change with it. So, a car that has better mileage was a must.

What did I get. Well, they are both Kia's. One is a Soul and the other is Rio. Why did I chose these? Because when you compare fuel mileage, cost and warranty, you just can't beat them. For the next 10 years, I don't have to worry a bit about something breaking on these. And in all honesty, I won't have these in 10 years.

The Soul gets about 30+mpg, which is about what my camaro was getting, surprisingly. But, the AC works in this thing lol. The Rio gets 36+mpg and it beats the hell out of the 16 that the truck got.

speaking of the truck, it's gone. Over 200,000 miles and the last time I changed the oil, there was metal in it. So we got a good deal on that end.

So I had to change with the times and got a little rice burner. Not what I wanted, but what we needed.

Yes, I still have my Camaro. I have to keep a little performance in my life lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dude!! Good decision to get cars with warranty and mileage! You'll be so much more happier.

I know it won't have the power you might be used to, but bigger picture.... GOOD decision!!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's the big picture that I had to look at. In the long run, we will actually save money than if we just stayed the same. Trust me, this Soul will NOT stay stock lmao. There is just too much you can do with them. For one, it's getting some BIG ASS RC-Help.com decals on it. So is the Rio. And just found some lowering springs for both. Might have to find some good wheels that I can stick on them lmao. These stockers are going to have to go.

One thing that I did not check, but I'm about to, is if the 600 fits in it lmao. I'm sure it will. Will have to put down plastic though for the fuel and oil.

As stated, though, I still have my Camaro for when I want to bang gears. I thought about getting a 6 speed manual Soul, but decided on the 6 speed auto. For a little 4 banger, it's pretty peppy. All in all, I'm happy. Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, traction control, eco boost and so on. It's just the base model, but it's one of the top level base models. I hated the alloy wheels, so I just got the cheap ones to lower the cost.

All in all so far, I'm happy with it. Don't have to take out a loan every time the wife and I have to go to work lmao.

Derek

Well, it sucks to have the car payments, but you've got two cars that have warranties and will be dependable for a long time to come. That's great, Tony!!! Let me know what you think of that Kia Soul, please. My wife and I are thinking about getting one.

Tony

Staff member
So far, I'm impressed with it. And this is coming from someone that LOVES POWER!!! The get-up and go is not that of my Camaro, but it's still pretty good for a 4cyl. The ride is that which you would expect with suspension work. No bouncing, just a firm, but comfortable ride. Room inside is amazing. I was able to sit in the back seat and had a LOT of room. There is not a lot of room behind the rear seat, but it's enough for my helis as you can see in the picture above lol.

If you want something that has amazing head room (you look like a lanky lad lol), handles well and gets great mpg, I would go for it. And with the 10/100k warranty, there is not much that can go wrong that I will have to pay for. Even the rotors are covered. I have to pay for the pads, but who cares lol. They are $20. Another reason I went with the auto, no clutch to replace.

Oh, and the audio system. It's not like what I Have on my computer, but still sounds great.

Tony

Staff member
I have thought of that. As well as creating a bunch of cliche' decals to go around the car like "this decal adds 10hp" lmao. I may put an exhaust on it just to free it up, but I will not put a fart can on it. Can't stand those. I just want something that breathes. Pretty much like my Camaro, but not lol. A little quieter than that.

heli-maniac

I would just leave it alone If you take the back pressure away from it it will not run for crap
Just get a power inverter and the wifes hair dryer that could make you 300 hamster power to the tires LOL

Tony

Staff member
Dude, they actually sell that crap on ebay.

I won't keep it stock. I have to do something to the looks of it. More than likely I'm going to do a lot of red accents including some nice wheels with red trim and make this the official RCH banner vehicle. As for engine and trans, more than likely going to stay stock. But lowering it about 1.5" and putting on wheels doesn't void the warranty. There will be NO NEON on it though. I HATE that lmao. Might have to add a small sub though...

heli-maniac

Yep the crap I have seen in the 24 years of Auto repair
I have always wanted a 4 banger race car LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL NOT

Tony

Staff member
The best is the FRONT WHEEL DRIVE with a SPOILER on the REAR lmao. I laugh every time I see that. But I know what you mean about 24 years of auto repair. Been there, done that, hated every second of it. You should work in the "hood" and see what some of those guys do. Never understand some things.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, I'm like 5 miles from you when I'm at work lmao. Well, not when you are in the state that we are CLEARLY above in every way hahaha.

wolfman76

sweet rides tony my mother has 2 kias a 2006 optima and a 2011 forte man i love that forte it is a manual. as far as performance upgrades go you can get custom exaust systems that are still quiet borla thumper makes one i believe and if you want a slight power increase might i recommend going with removing the factory air box and replacing with a long ram cold air intake i believe will get you 15% more horsepower with all bolt on stuff you can put on these cars you can easily get another 100whp to 150whp more... i put a stainless steel magna flow canister muffler and long ram intake on my old 92 cavalier rs with the 2.2 ohv and the power difference even on that crappy motor was great!!!

heli-maniac

sweet rides tony my mother has 2 kias a 2006 optima and a 2011 forte man i love that forte it is a manual. as far as performance upgrades go you can get custom exaust systems that are still quiet borla thumper makes one i believe and if you want a slight power increase might i recommend going with removing the factory air box and replacing with a long ram cold air intake i believe will get you 15% more horsepower with all bolt on stuff you can put on these cars you can easily get another 100whp to 150whp more... i put a stainless steel magna flow canister muffler and long ram intake on my old 92 cavalier rs with the 2.2 ohv and the power difference even on that crappy motor was great!!!

LMAO
How a Dyno will bring you back to the real world

wolfman76

lol probably but it is possible to build a 4 cyl. that produces 800-900 hp look at this. and the dudes mom ripped it up in it too pretty cool one cool mom..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
That was by FAR the DUMBEST CRAP (not the word I want to use, but it's a family forum) I have ever seen. Street racing, or that crap those asshats were doing is beyond irresponsible! Crap like that pisses me off. Take it to a track.

murankar

Staff member
Well congrats on the new cars. After reading all this, tony just leave it alone for now. You finally got some wheels to get you around without issues.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks URI, but I can't leave it alone lmao. There are just way too many flat surfaces that are screaming for RCH decals lol. I will get them cut out some time and decal the crap out of the back window. Performance though, it's staying stock for a while.

Top Bottom