1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Other Purchase Recommendation For Versatile Controller/transmitter And Receiver.

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by Gwen Toppe, Nov 21, 2019.

< First Time Reciever Setup | Simulators >
  1. Gwen Toppe

Gwen Toppe New Member

I am looking to purchase a versatile controller that can be used for anything my students build, such as quad copters, fixed wing, cars, boats, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there is not a single controller that I'm aware of that is made for both land and air. On land, for a vehicle like a truck or buggy you will want to use a wheel controller. These are usually limited to about 4 channels in most cases, but there are some with more.

For the air, the transmitters are dual stick style and can have up to 20 or more channels, of course that many channels is not cheap.

Which brings me to my main question. What is your budget for the transmitter/receiver setup?

3. Gwen Toppe

Gwen Toppe New Member

4. Gwen Toppe

Gwen Toppe New Member

I usually choose the device with a name brand, good reviews but middle of the road pricing. That probably doesn't help. The last one I had for drones was about 100.00. At this point my students are interested in flight vs. driving so if you have a recommendation for that, I would appreciate it.

5. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Hey there Gwen Toppe and welcome to the forum :welcome1:. I'm not sure how old your students are and what class you teach but I think I might be able to help. I have a Spektrum DX6i TX that I use to use when I practice on my computer with the Phoenix simulator. Well now you can't use this simulator anymore. I would like to donate this TX to you and your students to get them started. Tis the season :chickendance:Just pay for shipping and handling. You can ask anyone one on this site about me and they will vouch for me that I'm good on my word. If you are interested in the TX please PM me on this site. Here's a picture of the Spektrum DX6i and hope you don't minded spongebob square pants sticker on it :facepalm:lol. IMG_0285.JPG

6. Gwen Toppe

Gwen Toppe New Member

7. Gwen Toppe

Gwen Toppe New Member

I was looking for a PM on here, didn't know if you meant FB. I started a conversation with you on this forum. Is that what you meant?

8. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Yeah.... conversation and PM ( Private message ) are actually the same with one difference... in conversation you can have multiple people involved. Most of us still call it PM ( because we are too lazy to type the other out :) )

9. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
< First Time Reciever Setup | Simulators >