Punctuation, Capitalization and Spelling

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if it's my OCD or what, but I just can't read posts that are a paragraph long and have NO punctuation. Please use punctuation and proper capitalization. As I said, I can't read those since I don't know where a sentence starts or ends. I use spell check (speckie) on IE if you need a spell check. Apple, firefox and chrome have built in spell check.

I will not sit and try to decipher a post that doesn't use proper grammar.

Derek

I think that I type a legible post most of the time. Some of the posts that I read are kinda comical to read, but I still understand what is being said.

Tony

Staff member
The main issue I have is that we are a forum. Clear information is key to a forum. Other than the video, everything is done in text. Speaking of that, I can't stand it when people use TXT to type on a QWERTY keyboard lol.

Slobberdog

Tony I understand completely, it's hard to follow sometimes.

But, "I have spoken proper England since I was a children," and should be able to do it, don't know how many times I have to correct my capital "I".

Tony

Staff member
Hey, there are many times when I'm typing away that I will type "the" as "teh" or the like with other words. Same with "I" as well. That I don't mind so much as I know that you can fat finger things. Hell, look at Gaba's typing lmao. I don't know how many times he keeps talking about some guy named "tiny", yes, lower case T lmao.

stokke

I share your opinion on this. When the post is one continuous sentence, I just give up trying to make sense of it. I also believe this is especially difficult for us who's native language is not English.

Lee

i dont no what the problem is i never do anything like that my english is perfect dont u tink hahaha tiny ur funny with ur ocd

I hope that made you laugh LOL :D

Stambo

i dont no what the problem is i never do anything like that my english is perfect dont u tink hahaha tiny ur funny with ur ocd

I hope that made you laugh LOL :D

Even if Tony didn't, I had a little chuckle. :)

Karubah

I agree,some threads are hard to read. It's the abbreviations that I don't understand (OCD,LMAO,) etc. Just too old.... to know what they mean. Cheers.

Tony

Staff member
OCD is a medical term meaning Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The most well known is those that HAVE to have everything in the exact right spot in their house, or in their car. It's just the way I am.

LMAO stands for Laughing My Ass Off

And I think I'm fixing to lose a moderator hahahaha. :poke:

Karubah

OCD eh! I thought it stood for Old Codgers Disease..my mistake.lol( I know what this one means). There is just to many abbreviations used these days especially by governments and IT businesses.cheers.

Karubah i agree!!
What is worse is when you actually hear people say "lol" instead of actually laughing out loud.
I have a friend who does it and it annoys the heck out of me.

Top Bottom