500 protos batterys

danhampson

ive been looking into getting some more batterys for my protos and would like to know if you think that 20c would be enough ant the minute ive got 1 hyperion g3 vx 2950mah 35c, but they are kind of expensive. i can get a really good price for turnigy 3000mah 6s 20c

pvolcko

That seems underrated to me. 3mAh * 20c = 60A rated discharge rate It's a 500 size heli? So it is likely pulling 50-80A at peak, depending on the motor you're using? Probably has a 60-80A ESC on it?

It may work for light flying, but if you're running idle up for extended periods and doing any kind of sport flying I'd spring for 30-35c (maybe 40-45c if I'm running a high current motor) so I wasn't stressing the batteries at all during flight. They'll sag less at the end, less risk of running into the low voltage slow down during flight, come down cooler, have a longer life, etc. To me it would be worth it.

danhampson

the Esc is the stock msh (yge) 60A and stock Scorpion 880Kv motor, im just trying to get more batterys for my cash. the hyperion was £75 (115$), it sucks only having the 1 battery.
Ive looked on hobbyking at those turnigy 6s 35c batterys, they seem to be a really good price so i will probably go with those. Im hoping to pick up another 3 at the end of the month ,which would give me aprox another 30 mins flight time so about 40 mins in total.

pvolcko

Yeah, I'd go 35C to be on the safe side. Hyperions are expensive. The Turnigy batteries are pretty good bang for the buck.

Top Bottom