Prop Prop Savers Suck

Delininja

This has probably been talked about a thousand times but Im kinda new to building planks. Im a heli guy doing planes now for fun. The problem Im having is I have been using prop savers. I like the idea but when I throttle up or try to punch out of soon to be a crash, the damn prop blows off. I would solid mount it but would like to use the savers. Anyone know how to mount a prop on a prop saver a little more solid? I have used band after band to do it and they just move or snap.

RandyDSok

Mine came with some small thick o-rings but I don't recall what size they were. What I've read that others suggest and use is green surgical tubing that you cut into rings.

Delininja

thanks for the Idea. I have like 50 feet of black surgical tubing used for making slingshot bands. I will give that a shot. Sounds like a solid idea to me.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Delininja. Sorry to be late on my 2 cent. I notice you took rdsok idea which is a good one. Didn't think about that. My self ended up going to Lowes in the plumbing section and ended buying a pack of #12 "O" rings for my home made dollar tree plane. The size I'm using are 13/16 O.D. x 5/8 I.D. x 3/32" Their a lot stronger what the manufactures gives you. Just another thought :).

Delininja

Thanks DOG! That is a great idea as well. Yes, the bands that come with them are very weak. I have even snapped the extras I bought with them.

Top Bottom