1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Prop Prop Savers Suck

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by Delininja, Jun 29, 2019.

Tags:
< Canadair Ct114 Tutor | Xk Edge A-430 First Impressions >
  1. Delininja

Delininja I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    This has probably been talked about a thousand times but Im kinda new to building planks. Im a heli guy doing planes now for fun. The problem Im having is I have been using prop savers. I like the idea but when I throttle up or try to punch out of soon to be a crash, the damn prop blows off. I would solid mount it but would like to use the savers. Anyone know how to mount a prop on a prop saver a little more solid? I have used band after band to do it and they just move or snap.

2. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Mine came with some small thick o-rings but I don't recall what size they were. What I've read that others suggest and use is green surgical tubing that you cut into rings.

3. Delininja

Blog Posts:
    thanks for the Idea. I have like 50 feet of black surgical tubing used for making slingshot bands. I will give that a shot. Sounds like a solid idea to me.

4. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    Hey there Delininja. Sorry to be late on my 2 cent. I notice you took rdsok idea which is a good one. Didn't think about that. My self ended up going to Lowes in the plumbing section and ended buying a pack of #12 "O" rings for my home made dollar tree plane. The size I'm using are 13/16 O.D. x 5/8 I.D. x 3/32" Their a lot stronger what the manufactures gives you. Just another thought :).

5. Delininja

Blog Posts:
    Thanks DOG! That is a great idea as well. Yes, the bands that come with them are very weak. I have even snapped the extras I bought with them.

< Canadair Ct114 Tutor | Xk Edge A-430 First Impressions >