Prop Project Rogue 3D Bipe Returnith!!!

Tony

Staff member
Once again, I'm working on the Rogue 3D Bipe. This plane has only seen the air a couple times and IMO, it was very nose heavy both times. I had to carry a lot of speed at all times just to keep it flying, so I had to pull the little 2215-1300 motor out of it. because of that, it's been sitting without a motor for over a year now. Last time I flew this plane was May of last year. Hell, last time I flew any of my planes was May of last year lol.

Well after getting my membership back at the local flying field, I had to get some planes together to fly. The first one up was the Edge Mini since everything was ready for it. It flew, and on the third flight flew well, but had motor problems. so I pulled all of the electronics out of the Edge and stuck them in the Extra 260. While I was working on the Extra, I kept looking at the Bipe. This thing has GOT to go back in the air! I love Bipe's, and I want to fly it again.

Thanks to Gaba, I had a 1000kv motor sitting here at the house, and although too big for this plane, I stuffed it in there anyway. And let me tell you, it's a HUGE motor lol. The prop that was sent with it was a 9x6, and that one just won't work. Just not enough there. On testing, it wouldn't even get that light in my hands. So I'm thinking I need an 11x7 or 11x8 or something with sick pitch on it. Did I say this motor was huge lmao.

Once the motor was installed, I went ahead and pulled the wings off and low and behold, there was my AR6115e Rx. I have been looking for this thing forever lmao. And it's been in the bipe the whole time. Perfect! I stuck a bind plug in it, wired up the new ESC, bound the DX8 to the Bipe, adn all of my settings are exactly where they were. This thing is ready to fly.

I did try to stuff a 2200mah batttery in this plane, adn that didn't go so well. The battery fits into the under side of the fuse, just above the landing gear. Because of where the screws come out for the landing gear, the 2200 is too large and it would poke holes in the battery. Not a good thing lmao. Thankfully, Gaba to the rescue again. He sent me two 2100mah batteries, and you wouldn't think so, but they are quite a bit smaller than the 2200's. I am worried about the C rating though with this motor. Guess I will find out on the first flight lmao. The motor is only supposed to pull 30 amps, so it should be fine. But I will double check this with my Watt meter. Thanks Derek for that!

I"m trying to get back into the planes again guys! I miss flying them, I miss the challenge of having to land at speed lmao, and I miss what you can do with them in the air. They are no trainer, but man are they fun.

Sadly I no longer have my keychain camera, so unlike the maiden video, there will be no onboard with this one. But I will get video when I toss it back into the air. I do need to cut the motor shaft down though. IT's just a bit too long for this plane. More details to follow.

Tony

Staff member
The plane never left the shed. Ran out of time and money. With the way things are going, not many things are going to fly next year unless something changes. Really thinking about selling everything so that nothing just sits. All of my batteries are pretty much toast, and with no money to buy them again, there is no way anything can fly. So this thread pretty much died with the first post.

Top Bottom