Projects Project Heli Case (e.g. Ugly green box with pink foam) begins.

murankar

Staff member
I have started the process of modifying a plastic air drop case into my new heli case.

CAM00304.jpg
Here is the case with the lower foam removed. I want to start the transformation of the foam insert while it is out of the case.

CAM00307.jpg
I have cut out the cavity that will be the area for the heli. I will center the bird and build up the ends to make a perfect fit.

CAM00306.jpg
I think we have an almost perfect fit. Next is to fill the dead space.

CAM00311.jpg
I cut the filler pieces from the dividers that I cut out. I have the filler pieces hot glued in and ready to go. On the left you will see a slot cut in the foam, thats for the tail fin.

CAM00312.jpg
Here is the setup for the heli. Once the lid closes that thing wont move anywhere.

CAM00315.jpg
Here is the final layout. I still don't know what to use for the storage trays at this point, Right now I am thinking of build some stuff out of foam board as a mock up / prototype. As for the small compartment I am not sure yet what to put in there. Might just use that spot for my greases, thread locker, tapes and my miscellaneous cables and programmers.

As for the lid I already know what I want to do for that and will be for a later time.

CAM00304.jpg

CAM00307.jpg

CAM00306.jpg

CAM00311.jpg

CAM00312.jpg

CAM00315.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Thank you guys, Those blades are doing pretty well. My skills don't test em. I can say they are more quiet than the revolutions.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Thank you.

I started making the storage bins. I will add the images later tonight. I have lots of hot gluing and and foam cutting.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
This case would be really expensive. its rated for Air drops from a C130. But yes they are expensive.

Top Bottom