Spektrum Programming my Spektrum DX8 Tx for the X5 flying wing

Walesz

Hey guys, I need help. I'm a newbie so I made a mistake while trying to fiddle with programming my Blade 180 QX (later found out I needn't have bothered) I foolishly wiped out the settings for my X5 foam flying wing. Can somebody help me with the setup file pleasssssssssssse! I'm desperate I've search high & low, all over the internet (the file might have been steering me in the face & I wouldn't have known).
Anyways please help otherwise maybe guide me through doing the setup my self.
Thanks guys

Walesz

Derek

I noticed in your "Introduction" thread that you are looking for a setup file for the X5. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's going to be possible unless someone here has an X5 that they have already setup.

However, don't fret...there is still hope. We just need to start from the beginning.

Is this the X5 that you have?

Skywalker X-5 FPV / UAV Flying Wing 1180mm

You'll need to setup the wing type. Press and hold the scroll wheel on the DX8, then turn it on. This will take you to "System Setup". Select the Model Type: Airplane. Enter your Model Name. Then let's go to Wing Type...scroll over to Elevon. There probably isn't much to be done in the Switch Select unless you have some other special features. You should go to the Warnings menu and set a warning of some type for the Throttle....just as a safety feature. Go to your Frame Rate and select 22ms if you have analog servos on your X5. You can select 11ms if you are using digital servos. After all this is done, you can click "BACK" and go to the Main Menu.

In the Main Menu, you can go to the Servo Setup and D/R and Expo menus. The menus are pretty much going to be up to you and your preferences.

Don't forget to scroll down to the Timer menu and set a timer. I prefer a countdown type.

I hope this helps get you started. If you need further help, post your questions. We'll be around!

Walesz

Thank Derek,
It worked like a charm. You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I've got the following questions;
1. I couldn't find the Servo Setup and D/R and Expo menus in the main menu
2. I also couldn't find the Timer menu to set a timer
3. At the top of the DX8's screen, there is a bold "NO SLAVE" what does that mean?
4. After completing the setup, I had to rebind the Dx8 Tx to the Rx AR9020 & then the moment that was done the motor started up even while I hadn't moved the throttle (as in the motor shouldn't have responded that way 'cos the throttle stick was at the lowest level '0') what's going on? I imagine there should further do some more setting maybe the throttle, don't you think so? Considering also that when I switched off the DX8 the motor was still on but while on, & I moved the throttle stick the motor's RPM increased or reduced accordingly.
5. Every time I put both the DX8 off & I unplug the battery on the X5 & the replug the battery, switch on the DX8 I find that i would have to always rebind the Tx to The Rx afresh, why is this so? I assume that once the binding is done there should be connection every time both are switched on, I shouldn't be rebinding all over again!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you

Walesz

Top Bottom