ESC Programming HW 50/60a esc question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:feedback:I received my HW 60a esc today. I finished installing the HW 50a esc "Was in the X3" into the 450. The 60a goes into the X3. Now my question is; I'm using default settings on the 50a except PWM frequency and timing. I'm not sure what to use? This motor Turnigy 2836 Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3700kv and the 50a esc is on the 450 but I'm not sure what's the timing/PWM should be set at? Same question about timing/PMW for the X3. I'm using this motor Xnova 2618-1580KV specifications | and the 60a on the X3. I appreciate if any one can help me figure out the timing/PMW for both birds. Thanks again!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:feedback:I received my HW 60a esc today. I finished installing the HW 50a esc "Was in the X3" into the 450. The 60a goes into the X3. Now my question is; I'm using default settings on the 50a except PWM frequency and timing. I'm not sure what to use? This motor Turnigy 2836 Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3700kv and the 50a esc is on the 450 but I'm not sure what's the timing/PWM should be set at? Same question about timing/PMW for the X3. I'm using this motor Xnova 2618-1580KV specifications | and the 60a on the X3. I appreciate if any one can help me figure out the timing/PMW for both birds. Thanks again!

I just notice that the new HobbyWing Platium v4 60a esc software needs to be updated before I can program the settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction to update this software? Thanks in advance.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
hI Ivan, here is the link to download software.....
HOBBYWING North America  Download
Also I can't remember what the heck my settings were for my 450L I actually need to check and see about them and download all the stuff again anyway because I had to get another computer.....

Thank you Rodney for that information. If you do happen to write you settings down, post it so I have something to go by on the X3.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Rodney for that information. If you do happen to write you settings down, post it so I have something to go by on the X3.

Well the download didn't work. Couldn't execute files, it's said after finishing set up. I don't know.

trainrider06

sure will, but here lately I have been very ill willed to do much of anything with these heli's :( its so dang hot! i need to do some adjustments with my 450L, and set up bailout on my Spirit Pro on the 500, do some testing with a couple of my SR's but I have not touched any of em.....I guess I am in a funk....:(

Smoggie

Well the download didn't work. Couldn't execute files, it's said after finishing set up. I don't know.

Ivan, you need to install the software as an administrator. To to this right click on the execute file and select 'Run as administrator'

As for timing and PWM. I've found that default (15 degree) timing works fine on all my helis. PWM is best set as high as it will go, in fact i think on the 60A V4 you cant adjust it, it's just fixed at the highest value (30 or 32kHz)

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you Smoggie for that helpful information! That's why I couldn't download. I didn't right click on that part. Novice computer person I am. So if I keep everything at default, everything should be fine. Kool. The Bec on the esc,I have that at 8.4 which is the highest since I'm using the power hungry servos "KST 215MG" LOL.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ivan, you need to install the software as an administrator. To to this right click on the execute file and select 'Run as administrator'

As for timing and PWM. I've found that default (15 degree) timing works fine on all my helis. PWM is best set as high as it will go, in fact i think on the 60A V4 you cant adjust it, it's just fixed at the highest value (30 or 32kHz)

Thanks Smoggie for explaining what I needed to do.:beerchug: I installed the software, left everything at default and got the birds "450/X3" programmed and couple of flights in them. I'm very pleased with the change of ESC. The X3 with the 60a runs cool with the Xnova motor. With the 50a, the X3 was running a little warm.

Smoggie

Good that it's working well. having the PWM set higher can reduce motor temps a little, that might explain the difference. I always just set the PWM as high as it can go.

murankar

Staff member
I am having a heat issue also with the 60amp. I have yet to fly the X3 since I changed the pinion. After hearing back from Hobbywing they recommended 15 degrees at 32KHz which is not changeable. TOmorrow maybe the day I fly the X3 to see whats up.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I am having a heat issue also with the 60amp. I have yet to fly the X3 since I changed the pinion. After hearing back from Hobbywing they recommended 15 degrees at 32KHz which is not changeable. TOmorrow maybe the day I fly the X3 to see whats up.

I'm having no heat issue with my 60a on the X3. I have a 13T pinion on the motor. I might give the 12T a try.

Top Bottom